I modded my USA Peavey Predator today

PunkKitty

Horny bag of electric meat
I bought this a couple of months ago for much less than the market value. It was in almost new condition. So I had to fix that.

The pickguard is the original pickguard from my other Predator. It's naturally aged. That's PC for stained by cigarette smoke. I used some miscellaneous single coils that I had lying around. The neck is a generic lipstick pickup. The middle is a standard Mighty Mite. The bridge is a Carvin S60A. Surprisingly they sound good together. The Carvin and the Mighty Mite are RWRP so that's an added bonus. It's also surprisingly quiet. I added shielding to the Mighty Mite. The Carvin is sealed but it's not a stack.

I also installed a Wilkinson bridge to get a nice heavy steel block. That really helps sustain.

DSCF0358_zpse1713853.jpg

The Wilkinson drops right in. You have to make sure that you get the kind with the oval screw holes.

I've always liked Mighty Mite Strat pickups.

I decided that I didn't like the lipstick pickup. I had another Mighty Mite. The middle pickup is RWRP to that one too so I installed it. It sounds much better.

Cool! Predators (like the Tele clone Reactors), are pretty underrated IMO. Have fun with your hot rodded guitar!

I thought I would too but it was too thick sounding to me. I really like the sounds I get out of the Carvin S60A.

Yeah, I don't have any experience with that particular pickup, so I can't really say yeah or nay.....and it is all about how the pickups play and sound together, so.......you gotta go with sounds right to you.

Back