Post a vid that most exemplifies your 80's

up until the mid 80's one of my main influences was Eric Clapton (and still is)....but then this guy appeared on the scene.....and i'm STILL trying to catch up.

Totally agree with this. SRV was badass. A friend who worked at a record store (?!) turned me onto him.

What's really interesting for me is I have no idea who a lot of the bands posted here are. The 80's became a time of classical/jazz guitar fixation, and I never listened to on air music radio.

I love those last three entries, I just didn't hear them until years later!

I am getting back into filmmaking , and the Cult's Firewoman piece was like 7 cameras just for the live action. HFMBM!

Last edited:
Wow! It's really hard to pick one. So many of the videos already posted could have been mine, too. I listened to a wide range of music in the 1980's, but this is the first video that came to mind when I read the thread title:

I was in college during the first half of the 80's and I remember this being a big deal. My band had to learn this.

I was also in college in the 80's. Most of the 80's in fact, including law school. I was not in a band, but was a big music lover, and made many of our fraternity's very successful party tapes. Girls liked to come to our parties because we danced. And it was mostly to stuff like The Clash, Stray Cats, old Elvis Costello, early Beatles and Stones, (and some of Some Girls), U2, Men at Work, some cuts from bands like Def Leppard, DEVO, B-52s, and this band below, that was out of Canada, and on a similar path as the Stray Cats, but have long been forgotten. lots of others. Fun times!

I was heavy into keyboards and female artists in the 80's. Beside Laurie Anderson, I also loved:

My son's first concert was Jane Siberry - front row seats. His second was Laurie Anderson, 8 rows from the stage. Adam complained that we were too far back. :grin:

And, as a keyboard fanatic:

Can't do only one as I changed musical tastes during the 80's three times

Early 80's

Mid 80's

Late 80's

Most of the vids that first came to mind for me have already been posted. I guess a lot of us think alike. OTOH, no 80s music video conversation is complete without this gem and all its cheezieness.

This was the first thing that came to me.

Ahh, very good.

But, are we talking about the original early 82 Harvest release, or the late 82 Capitol release with the non-Disco version My Own Way and the long versions of Hungry Like The Wolf and Hold Back The Rain?

Your DD street cred hangs in the balance. Choose wisely.

Back