For those of you who don't like NASCAR

What about those of us that do like NASCAR? It was a hell of a race. One of my least favorite drivers got a good smashing and another broke a shifter. I was happy to see Kahne get the win. Also fun the see Gordon come from two laps down to the top 20.

What about those of us that do like NASCAR? It was a hell of a race. One of my least favorite drivers got a good smashing and another broke a shifter. I was happy to see Kahne get the win. Also fun the see Gordon come from two laps down to the top 20.
Kyle Busch?

I listened to the PRN coverage of the second half, so I missed seeing most of the carnage...

It's nice to see Kahne perform like that when his back's against the wall, but it also makes me wonder why he can't perform like that all the time...or at least more often...

Say what you want about Danica, but she was passing cars from almost the start, came back from a lap down twice, and got a sniff of the lead...she's not consistent but she does show some flashes of actual ability...way more than her little boy toy at least...

One interesting little tidbit from the radio guys...it seems that Roush had to go to Penske for help figuring out their performance issues...Roush has always been the flagship Ford team, and Penske recently switched over from Dodge...

My seven year old daughter watches the races with me. She loves Danika. So do I. I'd love to see her win a race.
danica-patrick-728702537.jpg

You missed one helluva race tonight. That was awesome.
AMS is about 15 minutes from my house and on race weekend we dont leave the house until the race is running. . The traffic,the police,the race 'fans' are all awful. I was almost late for soundcheck Saturday due to not being able to get out of my driveway

IMO ,Danica is only there because she is a sweet girl..

David Letterman dropped her for a reason..

She spends most of her time at the back of the pack...

if i don't like nascar....how could i have missed a helluva race.....unless of course.....ALL the cars wrecked and the race had to be cancelled:grin:

now THAT would be a helluva nascar race.
I only watch the last 20 laps or so..

Only part that's interesting.......

IMO ,Danica is only there because she is a sweet girl..

David Letterman dropped her for a reason..

She spends most of her time at the back of the pack...

At this particular race, Atlanta, she finished 6th. In front of 36 male drivers. I'm just saying.

Danica is doing great. It's not easy to take the pole position at Daytona.

I don't follow Nascar like I used to, back in the late 80s and into the the early 2000s I never missed a race. When Dale Sr. was gone and Rusty retired, I began to feel like the old-school guys were gone or going, the guys who knew more about their car, its suspension, engine, etc than the crew chief, the drivers who would tell the crew what to do when he came into the pits. Drivers these days tell the crew chief how the car "feels" and the crew chief interprets this and tells the crew what adjustments to make.

The older guys started with nothing, built cars from junk and borrowed parts and borrowed money. These kids today are raised to race from birth and usually come from wealthy families. They're trained to say the right things in front of a camera (Dale hated the camera) cite sponsors by heart, cut their hair all the same way etc. I'm sure this is not a popular position, but it's just how I feel about it. I'm getting old. :)

Back