Help! Amp suggestions.....

not really sure what back to school has to do with a music store.

ETA: well, OK. I guess all things not guitar.

Nope. They just said their shipping got backed up due to 'back to school' orders.
They should have handled it better or at least notified you. Shipping a paid in full product 4 days late is not acceptable. Mistakes happen but this is not how you handle a customer.

Reactions: Tig
I've been wanting to try out one of these:

I have no idea where there is a dealer for them though :(

Reactions: Tig
Congrats on the amp. Bummer about the delay.

One thing on the Peavey Classic 30: I am a huge fan of the Classic 50 but just ok with the 30. The stock Classic 30 is a good amp but, in my opinion, the 12" Blue Marvel is it's weakness. I would prefer if they included a Presence control, too.

I did the common mod of putting a Weber Blue Dog in it and it picked up a lot more brightness and lost some bass. It sounded better but still wasn't exactly what I wanted.

If I had a do-over, I'd probably try a Creamback or a Mesa Black Shadow instead.

With 2 or more 10" speakers, I think it would be awesome. That's the Peavey Delta Blues, though.

One thing on the Peavey Classic 30: I am a huge fan of the Classic 50 but just ok with the 30. The stock Classic 30 is a good amp but, in my opinion, the 12" Blue Marvel is it's weakness. I would prefer if they included a Presence control, too.

I did the common mod of putting a Weber Blue Dog in it and it picked up a lot more brightness and lost some bass. It sounded better but still wasn't exactly what I wanted.

If I had a do-over, I'd probably try a Creamback or a Mesa Black Shadow instead.

With 2 or more 10" speakers, I think it would be awesome. That's the Peavey Delta Blues, though.

And I had a Delta Blues and it was just not my thing at all. Though I had the single 15" speaker version. Prages has a C30 combo and a C50 head.....

They assured me the guitar would ship Friday. I have NO tracking number. This is utter BS. I am hoping the guitar shipped but they just have not posted the number yet. That had BEST be the case.

If the amp did not ship I asked them to cancel the order. I do not want to do business with a seller with customer service skills that poor.

Last edited:
They assured me the guitar would ship Friday. I have NO tracking number. This is utter BS. I am hoping the guitar shipped but they just have not posted the number yet. That had BEST be the case.

If the amp did not ship I asked them to cancel the order. I do not want to do business with a seller with customer service skills that poor.
Yeah. This is bullshit.

I got word that they shipped the amp today despite me asking them not to. IF this was not shipped with something faster than the normal shipping type (second day or faster) the shipper will get a very bad review from me. Not just for for the slow shipping, but because they have NOT been communicating with me at all. If you are going to do online sales then do it right or don't do it at all.

You should out them on the forum so no one else shops with them

The seller is Cascio Interstate Music based out of New Berlin WI. And no - I would not recommended anyone buy from them via Reverb. And reding the tracking number they shipped it ground....
:annoyed:

Yeah....bad feedback on it's way....

I've actually looked at purchasing from them before, but now they're on my list. Thanks for the info. Hope you get it all sorted out soon! :annoyed:

I've actually looked at purchasing from them before, but now they're on my list. Thanks for the info. Hope you get it all sorted out soon! :annoyed:

Oh it's all sorted out.

I ordered the amp Monday evening. It had not shipped by Friday so I contacted them. they assured me it would ship Friday. I sent them a message over the weekend telling them that if the amp did not ship on Friday not to ship it and to refund my money. They shipped it standard ground this morning.

So yeah - it's sorted out. It took them over a week to ship it, have not apologized to me nor offered any compensation at all. They got my money and I got horrible customer service. And I have no way aside from the bad feedback I left to expect anything more.

:mad:

Just received an apology message from the shipper. Better than nothing but I still will never do business with them again.

Back