Hot or Not? Epiphone Les Paul Florentine Pro

Yessir. Maybe less with a Labor Day discount in-store.

Seems high for an Indonesian unit.
I'd rather have this.

image.jpg
image.jpg

I don't like the burst, but if I were in the market for a Les Paul, I like this better than the standards.

I just don't understand why Gibson/Epi needs yet another semi-hollow guitar. What's the point anymore?

Shelf space. Just like juice and soda companies keep cranking out new flavors destined to fail. The point isn’t to create a product that will hang around, it’s to get space at retail that might otherwise go to a competitor. This is probably more important to Fender and Gibson than most makers because they have to look busy so investors will keep loaning them money.

Shelf space. Just like juice and soda companies keep cranking out new flavors destined to fail. The point isn’t to create a product that will hang around, it’s to get space at retail that might otherwise go to a competitor. This is probably more important to Fender and Gibson than most makers because they have to look busy so investors will keep loaning them money.
interesting... the business end of this stuff (at least the non-bottom-line stuff) is often lost on me.

meh. I'd rather they focus their efforts on building an affordable LP guitar that kicks the crap out of the USA line. Seems like this should be reasonable, with the difference in labor costs, but history has taught me that it will probably not happen due to luddite consumers and profit margins

meh. I'd rather they focus their efforts on building an affordable LP guitar that kicks the crap out of the USA line. Seems like this should be reasonable, with the difference in labor costs, but history has taught me that it will probably not happen due to luddite consumers and profit margins

The Epi LP standard and up are excellent guitars, and some come with Gibson USA pickups. If nitro isn’t a deal breaker I think the Epi Les Paul does kick the crap out of much of the USA line.

I don't hate it. Actually, the fact that Gibson/Epiphone seems to be betting on those may be part of the reason I got a deal on my ES-139.

Adding f-holes to an LP-sized body makes the whole thing look a little cramped and busy. Still, if it plays and sounds awesome, I'm sure I could get over it.

By the way, do those f-holes look photoshopped in to anyone else? There doesn't seem to be any shadowing or border to them. It's like they took a regular Epiphone LP and added f-holes to the picture just to see what it would look like.

Back