What is your daily driver?

My primary daily driver is an '06 Mustang V6 convertible in Tungsten Grey with a black top. I put '06 GT 17" Coke bottle wheels and tires on it and I've got a GT rear bumper on it, now (since somebody rear-ended my wife, so it had to be replaced anyway) and I'm just trying to find the matching driver-side GT muffler I had in my parents' garage for the other side before I go and get the mid pipe. LOL

My wife drives an '11 Ford Edge SEL AWD in Mediterranean Blue. Sometimes she and I switch it up and driving her car for a while convinces me that I need touch-screen Sync in my next 'Stang. LOL

My company leases this for me.
2013_toyota_tacoma-pic-256527730021154425.jpeg

When we went to pick out vehicles they asked if I wanted something other than a truck. I thought I'd look like a dickhole if I ordered something different from my field guys, so I got the same thing they got. This year I'm getting something cool. I have to do all the hiring and firing and losing sleep over client issues. I've earned it, fuck everybody else.

u8u6eta8.jpg

For the time being. I have been driving this as my daily driver this summer. I will probably move on to something else before winter. After many years I am likely selling this old classic at this point. Lovely car but not practical for me year around with some increased driving that I'm going to be have to be doing during winter.

Last edited:
u8u6eta8.jpg

For the time being. I have been driving this is my daily driver this summer. I will probably move on to something else before winter. After many years I am likely selling this all classic at this point. Lovely car but not practical for me you're around with some increased driving that I'm going to be have to be doing during winter.
Thats rad.

Thats rad.

Yeah, it is fun. The car puts a smile on my face every time I walk out to drive it. It's funky, squarish, but stylized Bertone lines are really pretty beautiful. It has a couple cosmetic things to fix, but mechanically is very solid. Very few of this model have survived as they were the family trucksters of the alfa line, and most that owned them drove them into the ground. I found this one over 10 years ago, with pretty low miles. I have used it as a summer driver over the years, but keep it off the roads during winter. Rear wheel drive, no modern safety equipment, and the road treatment for snow would not be good on it either. Now that we have a third driver, (you met him a few years ago), we need a vehicle that is good to travel throughout rural Idaho during snow season. So, unfortunately, this cool old Berlina will have to go.

Yeah, it is fun. The car puts a smile on my face every time I walk out to drive it. It's funky, squarish, but stylized Bertone lines are really pretty beautiful. It has a couple cosmetic things to fix, but mechanically is very solid. Very few of this model have survived as they were the family trucksters of the alfa line, and most that owned them drove them into the ground. I found this one over 10 years ago, with pretty low miles. I have used it as a summer driver over the years, but keep it off the roads during winter. Rear wheel drive, no modern safety equipment, and the road treatment for snow would not be good on it either. Now that we have a third driver, (you met him a few years ago), we need a vehicle that is good to travel throughout rural Idaho during snow season. So, unfortunately, this cool old Berlina will have to go.

And the Merckx on top ain't bad, either. :thu:

u8u6eta8.jpg

For the time being. I have been driving this as my daily driver this summer. I will probably move on to something else before winter. After many years I am likely selling this old classic at this point. Lovely car but not practical for me year around with some increased driving that I'm going to be have to be doing during winter.

For those that are not really familiar with this car, here is a nice little piece that talks about the model, in regards to a rustier example than mine. Mine has twin round dash pods for the tach and speedo rather than the uglier later dash, and some other trim differences. Mine came with a 1750, but it now has a 2 litre, and is fitted with side by side Dellortos rather than the mechanical fuel injection he mentioned. That fuel injection, which is ingenious but hard to maintain, was a US model thing only.

2007 Ford Focus 5-door hatchback

I generally get 34 mpg at Interstate speeds of 71-72 mph. For a weeks worth of driving, which is mostly state highway driving of 55+ mph, plus some driving in Battle Creek or Kalamazoo, I usually average 31-32 mpg.

Not bad 8)

It's been pretty reliable so far (97k on it), lots of road noise though, and a couple of body panel rattles. My first hatchback and I love it, it's very handy :)

After I pay off my house (maybe soon) I am looking at getting a new sporty hatchback.
I've narrowed it down to 4 cars:

Ford Focus (my favorite as far as looks go)
Mazda 3
Volkswagen Golf 1.8T
Hyundai Elantra GT

They all have pros & cons about them, though.

My 04 4runner. 113k and feels like new. Love that truck but the mileage of course isnt great.

Got the brakes and plugs done on the Pathfinder over the weekend. 74,245 miles on it and it's still like a new car.

Love it.

Black 2008 F150. I have almost always had a truck of some sort. This is my favorite of the bunch and plan to have it for a very long time.

2000 Chevy S10 Blazer with 286,000+ miles. It did get a crate engine about 120,000 miles ago. My boss sold it to my son. He bought a Trailblazer. A couple of years later he offered the Trailblazer to my son. The kid needed money to do the Trailblazer deal so Dad bought the Blazer off him.

Back