Show us your bike

Wow, Andy got Head! You naughty boy.

That is a prefect exercise bike. The tires are small enough to not have too much rolling resistance, but wide enough to take bumps and give good traction. The seat looks painful, but it takes a good 3-4 weeks of riding before your butt gets used to any seat. Just put some air in the tires each week (all bike tires leak slowly, especially the tiny road bike kinds) and you're good to go.

Wow, Andy got Head! You naughty boy.

That is a prefect exercise bike. The tires are small enough to not have too much rolling resistance, but wide enough to take bumps and give good traction. The seat looks painful, but it takes a good 3-4 weeks of riding before your butt gets used to any seat. Just put some air in the tires each week (all bike tires leak slowly, especially the tiny road bike kinds) and you're good to go.

Yeah, I picked up a pump, helmet, and bike lock today. The seat will probably be painful, but the guys at the bike shop said give it a couple of weeks with the current seat before deciding whether to not to switch.

Yeah, I picked up a pump, helmet, and bike lock today. The seat will probably be painful, but the guys at the bike shop said give it a couple of weeks with the current seat before deciding whether to not to switch.

If you want something comfy for short rides that doesn't pinch your taint, check out the Moon Saddle.
http://www.amazon.com/MoonSaddle-2012-Blue/dp/B007HM1GVQ

31rJvaNgqoL.jpg
upload_2014-8-28_16-53-10.jpeg

Or the Hobson Easyseat II
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001C6DROM
21xcho38Q2L.jpg
1276778592.xtra.Easyseat%20II%20black%20med2.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2014-8-28_16-53-8.jpeg
    upload_2014-8-28_16-53-8.jpeg
    9.1 KB · Views: 147
I like the looks of the second one, as does my fat ass. :grin:

The only possible problem with a "noseless" saddle is when you corner, your thigh has nothing to push against. It might not be an issue unless you were used to riding the regular type for a long time.

After taking a nice spill after riding for 7.5 miles on Labor Day, I made it home with road rash, bruised wrist and ego. Little did I know that when I returned to my bike 1 week later that I found damage. Parts will get to me at the earliest Monday as I have to replace my left Gripshift. The area where the shift wire exits was snapped off after the accident...sigh....

I stacked on a mtn bike ride last Sunday. Front wheel washed out in trails duff and I went OTB into a tree. I felt my neck crick pretty good, but it didn't start bugging me until yesterday. No riding this weekend for this old dude.

Healing mojo, Modern Saint and jamesp.

My left shin still looks pretty bad, but most of the pain has gone away. It was misty and damp today so I wisely stayed home.

Well, in the wake of the bike hate threads, I had some good bike love this weekend. And on the road no less. So, I thought I would show you my road today.

I went up to a wedding in Stanley, Idaho last night. I had wanted to bring my mountain bike, as there is some great riding up there. But the MTB needs some repairs I did not get to. So I threw my road bike in instead. I had never road biked up there. I was NOT disappointed.

IMG_3645.JPG

This is Stanley Idaho. I slept in my Suburban last night after the reception, in this parking lot.

Gonna have to do this a little at a time. Photobucket is not working tonight, and the files are too large to upload. Check back later.

A bit of the road out west from Stanley, toward Stanley Lake and Banner summit. Not much shoulder, but not too much traffic either. I have a good panorama of the road once I can get it to upload somewhere. Meanwhile, here is what the road looked like. I stayed just one side or the other of the fog strip. Just inside if I was moving fast, and just outside if I was moving more slowly while climbing. A nice rolling ride.

IMG_3652.JPG

IMG_3649.JPG

Stanley Lake, west of Stanley a little stretch. Eddy (that is what I call this bike, as it must be its name as the name is on the frame enough times), enjoyed the view.

And right down on the lake for a better view.
IMG_3650.JPG

More to come.

I then headed back toward Redfish lake. I skipped the few miles between Stanley and Redfish as there is no shoulder at all there, and heavy traffic on a Sunday. Then got the bike back out to tour around the lake. This lake is called "Redfish" because of the huge number of steelhead salmon that used to come up to the lake via the Columbia and Snake Rivers. Some still do, but much fewer due to dams. A pretty amazing thing to see ocean going fish return home to spawn.
Narrow roads here, but it is a recreation/camping area, so people are cool.
IMG_3657.JPG

The view along the road around the lake. This section of road is closed off to auto traffic now.
IMG_3660.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3664.JPG
    IMG_3664.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 102
Stopped at the marina to check out the water. I wished I had my boat in the water as it would have been a good for a ski. But I did have to take a pic of this classic Correct Craft (I am guessing about a '78. Check out also how clear the water is.
IMG_3664.JPG

And a quick shot of the emerging fall colors visible on the way back home over Galena Summit. A little blurry, but it makes it look a bit like a watercolor.
IMG_3666.JPG

Last edited:
Got my parts on Friday but the heat has been unbearable here to work on my bike. I need to get it done though so we shall see how this afternoon goes. I hear tomorrow will be worse with the added humidity.

Back