ABY pedal......

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
I am planning on getting one of these to use with my AC15 - effectively making it a two channel amp. Anyone have one of these or can recommended one that will not suck tone too much?

I am wanting to setup one channel on the AC15 for a more clean tone and another as my low gain dirt setting. If that works I will sell my Wampler Hot Wired pedal since I won't need it.

I've had good luck with the Morley ABY. MF has the best price at $47 and change, free shipping.
5130r0iXQ9L._SY300_.jpg

I like Tig use the Morley. Had mine for a few years and works fine. Changed the color on one of the LEDS just to be a little fancy as well as added an AC adaptor port. The older ones don't have an AC port. Besides it doesn't drain the battery much anyway. Just gotta remember to unplug the battery connect port. Board has changed some today but this is the only pic I have with the A/B on it. I mostly use the A/B when I am going to run two amps.

BoardCleanedUp.jpg

The only one I have ever used was the Boss Line selector. It can do much more than just A/B and it is pretty cool because it has level controls for each side. My brother in law used to use the Morely one and he liked it.
LS2Boss-large.jpg

I currently use the Boss Line Selector, like Chad. I have used an ABY switcher in the past I believe it was a Morley, but I'm not completely sure), but it began to add a buzz to the signal, so I replaced it with the Boss.

I currently use the Boss Line Selector, like Chad. I have used an ABY switcher in the past I believe it was a Morley, but I'm not completely sure), but it began to add a buzz to the signal, so I replaced it with the Boss.

you know, now that you mention it, my brother in law's Morley did the same thing and I gave him my line selector because I wasn't using it anymore. Now he did use it a ton (3 hour practices twice a week with no heat or ac in the practice space and a few gigs a month. I had a brand new Ric 620 that had a rusted bridge and pickups after 3 months of that). So I don't think the Morley was a bad piece of gear, it just wore out very fast in those conditions.

I use this one from Radial (Tonebone)

153931000000000-00-750x750.jpg

Does not suck tone (I've heard some reports of tone suck if you have all the switches flipped for phase, ground, etc... I leave them all off).

The #1 reason I bought this one is that it has a tuner out that works regardless of which output (or both). I run that feed to my vocal pedal input so regardless of which path, that pedal is getting clean guitar signal, and that audio never feeds back into my rig, so I can mute either of my other paths (electric and acoustic) and use the vocal pedal acapella.

Does not suck tone (I've heard some reports of tone suck if you have all the switches flipped for phase, ground, etc... I leave them all off).

The #1 reason I bought this one is that it has a tuner out that works regardless of which output (or both). I run that feed to my vocal pedal input so regardless of which path, that pedal is getting clean guitar signal, and that audio never feeds back into my rig, so I can mute either of my other paths (electric and acoustic) and use the vocal pedal acapella.

Hell, that's only $20 more than the Morley. thwap0
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BigShotABY

you know, now that you mention it, my brother in law's Morley did the same thing and I gave him my line selector because I wasn't using it anymore. Now he did use it a ton (3 hour practices twice a week with no heat or ac in the practice space and a few gigs a month. I had a brand new Ric 620 that had a rusted bridge and pickups after 3 months of that). So I don't think the Morley was a bad piece of gear, it just wore out very fast in those conditions.

Interesting considering that the Morley has just 2 switches, 3 jacks and a simple trace board instead of wires....

I like the look of that one......

I use the Snarling Dogs ABY pedal. It wasn't very pricey and does the job. I think they are discontinued now.
DV020_Jpg_Jumbo_150553.jpg

This is the one I use also, with my Hayseed 30. No tone suckage. Kinda wish it had an indicator light, but hey.

I picked up a store brand from GC, Live Wire Solutions.
Passive w a battery for the indicator light.
I use it live to switch between basses. It does the job.

Back