Breakfast: McD's vs. B. King

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
So I go to town this morning to fill a prescription, and feel like getting an Egg McMuffin or a McGriddle sandwich.

Then I think to myself that I never, ever, go to Burger King for breakfast so I head there for a change of pace.

I get a bacon Biscuit Sandwich, the tater tot potatoes, and a 3-pc. French toast stick thingy.

In my opinion, the biscuit sandwich was every bit as good as a McMuffin...maybe even better. I think the fluffy biscuit itself was more flavorful that what McD's uses on their McMuffins. The tater tots were good if a bit salty, but I always think that McD's potato wedge thing is way salty too. The 3-pc. French Toast stick things were decent as well.

Burger King has croissant sandwiches too, just like McDonalds, 'gourmet-like' oatmeal with berries, just like McDonalds, breakfast burritos, just like McDonalds....

So why was I the only one in the Burger King joint and no one at the drive thru window either, when the McDonalds just down the street is literally jam-packed with people every morning, and was packed with the drive-thru full when I drove by it minutes later?

Is it because of perception? Habit? Advertising? :confused:

A lot of fast food places serve breakfast. But you are right - really only McD's seems to come to mind. Carl's Jr serves breakfast here and I have had it a time or two. I I want breakfast on the go here a gas station catty corner from my office sells breakfast burritos made at a local Mexican restaurant that are really good so I will usually go that route.

I didn't know BK served breakfast. I'd probably go there instead of McD if I had no other options. As it is, I'll usually just grab a kolache if I want a grab-and-go breakfast.

I'll do Dunkin Donuts over either of those if one is available. And one is always available up here in northern New England. I only eat breakfast at one of the other two if I am out of town, and then most likely, I will just skip breakfast all together.

I don't like BK's breakfast. We have one right next to our house, but I will drive 5 miles to Mcdonalds the once a month I do fast food breakfast.

Egg McMuffins are the most delicious gastrointestinal breakfast bomb there is. The sole reason I enjoy McD breakfast better than any other is that I hate the kind off egg that every other breakfast joint uses, the fluffy, tasteless yellow puff egg. puke0

I honestly can't think of anything worse to shovel into yourself at the start of the day.

Well, BK doesn't give me as much of a hard time when I ask for the sandwich without meat. But, as Coralkong states, here in New England there are plenty of Dunkin' Donuts, and they have great breakfast sandwiches; some come automatically without meat.

I honestly can't think of anything worse to shovel into yourself at the start of the day.

I certainly can. Like raw quinoa and bedbugs. Or:

top.gif

yucky.gif

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0744/

BK is buying Tim Horton's for just that reason - to help them dig into a bigger chunk of the breakfast market.
Although they will still operate as separate companies...

why don't you people have delis and bodegas?

I wish they were here. Living in suburbia has it's downsides. Food is one of them. Though most places outside of NYC will not have the food culture you have there. Everywhere else you have to have a car to survive well.

I wish they were here. Living in suburbia has it's downsides. Food is one of them. Though most places outside of NYC will not have the food culture you have there. Everywhere else you have to have a car to survive well.

We have delis and bodegas in the burbs too.

In the district I had a myriad of great breakfast choices. That's one of the things I miss the most about the rowhouse.

Where I am now, nothing but fast food. I do, however, get to make my own with eggs that are still warm (cause they totally just came out of a chicken's butt y'all).

We have delis and bodegas in the burbs too.

We have some out here. In Denver what you get a lot of in the morning is breakfast burritos (which I ate this morning) or breakfast bagels. And most of the bagel shops are chains. The closer you get to Denver proper the more local places you get. Everyone seems to want chains in the 'burbs here. I have no clue why.

Back