My "getting cut for summer" honesty log.

My clothes are definitely fitting better. Some of my size 34 pants are actually loose on me. Not bad for weighing 192 pounds.

I had bought some jeans about a month ago that were size 36. Now they look like shit on me. Waste of $80.

189 pounds today...after another weekend of eating quite a bit. With the volume of my workouts, I've been doing carb cycling instead of pure keto. No carbs / high fat / protein diet for 3 days, then high carb / protein low fat diet for 2 or 3 days.

I start that stair stepper machine at level 5 now. I go to the gym first, lift weights, then go to the park and play racquetball briefly, then I walk 3 to 4 miles in the woods, which is nice. Then I go BACK to the gym and do stair stepper and sometimes abs. I traded treadmill for the woods walking. The variety is nice...and it's nice to be in the woods instead of being stuck on a treadmill listening to the same shitty songs over and over on Pandora.

Yeah, that sucks. When they get older you can take them. I see a number of people with like, 10-12 year olds who work out with them. My gym recently got childcare in house, seems to have brought in a number of new people.

It's been a lot of that and helping my inlaws with their computers at their business and getting our house ready for a party last week. At least I was getting cardio last week with yard work :)

Next week I should be back at it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soo...going on a month with no update. Well, I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost any either. My pants are still loose. I probably weigh ~190-193. My social life in the past month has made it impossible to do keto efficiently. Dinners, lunches, this and that, beer, wine, going to a party next Saturday, and so on. Started getting in shape to meet more women while on vacation, then I ended up meeting one here...good for me, bad for diet motivation / practicality.

So, I've got to start planning a carb / protein diet again.

Last edited:
Oh look, I haven't posted on this thread in 1 year and three months! I'm in "get lean" mode again. Trying to lose ~25-30 pounds by the end of October. The good news is I've more muscle than last year, and I'm stronger than ever on chest. The bad news I'm weaker on legs (tennis is bugging the shit out of my knee,) and stagnant on deadlifts. I'm about 212 here.

58kPMSw.jpg

Last edited:
Damn! I'd have to use some padding like Hans and Franz to bulk up like that.

Here's what I do at the gym in a nutshell, and I've done it for seven years straight now (that's the key.)

I don't keep track of anything. I am, frankly, lazy, and don't have consistent workout partners to push me. I do compound lifts, I do core, I do some arms. I don't even put much thought into anything more, I just go! What I am is seven years of mostly nonsensical but consistent training. If I could actually keep one of the two great workout partners I've had in the past who made me work out so hard sometimes I didn't even want to go to the gym with them, I'd be even more.

+1

Mojo for your face though. :(

It was a childhood accident that caused permanent facial blurring.

:(

Back