I added a new search widget on the forum homepage...

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
it just searches my own sites like this forum, facebook, youtube and whatnot....worth it or no? I think it might feed info to the advertising company about what to display here but I'm also wondering if it might not just work better than the Xenforo search :embarrassed: Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 10.48.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 10.48.20 AM.png

What I don't like about the forum search is, if You put in "red Gibson semi", you get the latest thread that has red in it but, it's a Fender, or a thread about semi trucks, or ... 3 pages latter, you find what you are looking for.

What I don't like about the forum search is, if You put in "red Gibson semi", you get the latest thread that has red in it but, it's a Fender, or a thread about semi trucks, or ... 3 pages latter, you find what you are looking for.
I know....its not a whole lot better than the vBulletin search. They actually have an improved search product that I can buy but I think it's dumb to pay for something that I feel is supposed to just work as part of the basic package.

Do you include the quotes?

That should force the search engine to look for the whole phrase rather than the individual words.

I keep searching for Jenna Coleman nude, but all that keeps popping up is Amy Adams....nude.

I like the search feature.

I just searched Amy Adams and only got three results. I'm pretty sure there are more than three threads with Amy Adams. The bummer is only one of them had actual pics of Amy Adams.

I just searched Amy Adams and only got three results. I'm pretty sure there are more than three threads with Amy Adams. The bummer is only one of them had actual pics of Amy Adams.
One thing to remember is that there are tabs above the search results that will return different material:

Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 7.04.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 7.04.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 7.03.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 7.04.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 7.04.05 PM.png

I keep searching for Jenna Coleman nude, but all that keeps popping up is Amy Adams....nude.

I like the search feature.
If you ever find Jenna Coleman nude, please share. For years I told my wife that I didn't have a "celebrity hallpass list" and I really didn't. Then Jenna Coleman was cast as Clara Oswald and... Jeezy Chreezy...

Back