Question: Your favorite dirt pedal?

Before I went the multipedal route I was partial to an old DOD FX55B Supra Distortion...

I have an Ehx Hot Tubes Nano I need to spend some time with...

Thanks. Pretty tempting, but I just can't make myself pay 4x for a backup what I paid for the original. :-/
I guess that's what they used to retail for, but I got mine when Sam Ash was blowing them out.

Well finding a pedal for $10 is nearly impossible. You could always use this one as your main pedal and the $10 one for a backup if that makes you feel better :grin:

Before I went the multipedal route I was partial to an old DOD FX55B Supra Distortion...

I have an Ehx Hot Tubes Nano I need to spend some time with...

The FX55B is my other favorite, although it almost belongs in the fuzz thread, no? :grin:

05f20edf-35dc-4ff4-a931-a28b884c979a.JPG

Does it? I never thought of it as a fuzz pedal...

To my ears, anyway :shrug: I'd run it volume about 9-10 o'clock, tone all the way down, distortion all the way up. It has been a while though. . . gotta fix the scratchy pots and battery hookup and start using it again, obviously.

Thanks. Pretty tempting, but I just can't make myself pay 4x for a backup what I paid for the original. :-/
I guess that's what they used to retail for, but I got mine when Sam Ash was blowing them out.
If read people singing their praises. Good to know you endorse them.

I see them often on GC used for $20. Be under $30 with tax, and shipping. 3 times OK?

If read people singing their praises. Good to know you endorse them.

I see them often on GC used for $20. Be under $30 with tax, and shipping. 3 times OK?
I might do that. :)

I should mention that I like it a lot, and I've had lots of folks try it out, but I'm the only one I know with the same affliction for it.

Hard to pick just one. My all time fave is probably the SIB Varidrive.
SIB-Varidrive.jpg

Unfortunately, I haven't used it much on my regular board, as it doesn't play well with the EF86 channel on my Valvetech. I still use it on all kinds of stuff in the studio though.

Right now, I use my RAT 2 more than anything else. I have an MXR Classic OD which I use (I think it's in the Wylde OD position) for the "just a little dirt" sound.

Washburn Soloist Distortion

When paired up with humbuckers and my H&K Statesman, it's glorious. It gets this fantastic clipping and tight bottom end. Best $10 I've ever spent on guitar gear. I need to track down another as a backup.

Just_Arrived-Listings.png

VOLUME PEDAL Solist Distortion
Used Washburn Solist Distortion Effect Pedal
icon_3.gif

Accessories
Guitar Center Atlantic City
Mays Landing, New Jersey 08330
609-383-6979
609-383-6979

Now Only
$19.99

Let's see........ my go to dirt box is a Fulltone GT500, but I have a couple others in my board as well. I bought a Hardwire Valve distortion that I like, and I also have a Golden Cello box. Straight OD? I have a Bad Monkey, and a Rocktron Austin Gold. That one I bought secondhand for 10 bucks after I played with one at a freind's house. Sounded great with my Strat and now it's basically welded into my rig.

y5ugu2a5.jpg

Here's mine. Regular old Shimano SPD.

Next favorite is this one.

my5utuzu.jpg

It is a highly adjustable Rat clone. Lots of great tones.

Third is this one:

a9ymuzat.jpg

I have tried other fuzz circuits but like this one best.

Back