Question: Your favorite dirt pedal?

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
If you had to name right now one (and only one) dirt pedal as a favorite, what would it be? And lets limit it to either an OD pedal or a distortion pedal. We will do fuzz in a separate post.

Right now mine is this....

243408.jpg

My favorite dirt pedal I have ever owned actually. Since I got this I almost never use my Wampler HotWired. In fact I might sell it and get another pedal for lower gain. This is my mid-gain pedal BTW - though it has enough gain to do as close to high gain as I am likely to play in the band.

Strangely enough I've come to realize that the "dirt" (and not boost) pedal I use the most is this:

sparkledrive_mod_lg.jpg

The Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive pedal is the one for me. I tried a few others, but the minute I heard this one, I knew it was a keeper. Being able to add in a little clean sound to the grit seems like such a little thing, but not to me.
Voodoo_Lab_Sparkle_Drive_576.jpg

Reactions: Tig
What setting do you use the most on this? The standard or one of the mods?
The first MOD position. The standard setting is too much like a stock tube screamer for my tastes. The other two MOD settings don't do it for me either but that first position is great for rock rhythm guitar either by itself or stacked with the RC Booster. I also use it for lead sounds like that too.

The Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive pedal is the one for me. I tried a few others, but the minute I heard this one, I knew it was a keeper. Being able to add in a little clean sound to the grit seems like such a little thing, but not to me.
Funny enough I don't use the clean knob at all on mine....

Fulltone Plimsoul for me. But these days I'm using fuzz more than od or distortion.

Sounds like I might need to give the sparkle drive a try.

^This. I really like the moderate gain range and the tones are perfect for my desires. It plays well with other OD's, too.

I have one, and it is right behind the Rat for me. I have been u

I had one of those years ago. I loved it, but it just didn't have enough gain for the music I was playing at the time. I may need to nab one again, now that I don't bring the rock as hard as I used too. :grin:

Washburn Soloist Distortion

When paired up with humbuckers and my H&K Statesman, it's glorious. It gets this fantastic clipping and tight bottom end. Best $10 I've ever spent on guitar gear. I need to track down another as a backup.

Back