Show us your "studio"!

Just ran out to take pics before the rain. :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

As you can see, it's a work in progress. That's a project for the fall. It's also bike storage (#1). :grin: We will be adding a bar, pool table, and deck in time.

Also, with my old digital multi-tracker, I only had enough hard drive space for about 30 minutes of 8 track recording. Once that was full, I had to mix and master everything and put it on a mini-disc or some other form of external media (CDR would probably be most common now, but at the time, I didn't have a CDR drive). Once it was mixed, I had to delete it from the internal hard drive and that was it for mixing the track.

With the computer, I can easily pull up a project that I worked on 2 years ago and tweek the mix or redo a vocal track or something. Once my hard drive fills up, I just swap it out with another hard drive and start a new library. If I do want to go back and tweek something on the old drive, I can put it back in the computer and do that.

I've got a 250 gb drive that's full and sitting beside my computer, and I've got a 500 gb drive in my computer that's probably 1/2 full now. Once that's full (probably a year or two from now, depending on how much recording I do between now and then), I'll pick up a new hard drive for $100 and start over, but I've still got all my old projects on the old hard drive.

I've NEVER had a problem with my Korg D3200 and 40 gig drive.
Of course I do pull the backups to a external drive.... Should do that no matter , actually 2 externals so I am a little safe :wink:

I've even paritioned it to 4 8 gig drives, plus a pc drive for moving mixes to the MAC from where it gets to my web site.
I prefer slider/faders and knobs.
For effects I just go with a modeler, GT8 for me.

I would HATE doing all of this on a PC....

We've moved and its been a slow process of setting up the new studio.... It's a work in progress. This one is near Champaign Illini. And I'm setting up my Amp Building shop near Indianapolis. This pic is a couple months old....move in day

image.jpg

Back