Cover Bands.... any new or unusual tunes you're learning?

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
I'm working on a unique arrangement of "Isn't She Lovely" from Stevie Wonder, but the least-likely song that we just added to our set list....

"Shipping Up to Boston" - Dropkick Murphy. :helper:

Back in the 80's, when I was doing the bar scene with my brother, I did a medley of the Dylan version of All Along the Watchtower and When Doves Cry. I also did Careless Whisper with harmonica for the saxophone part.

A few weeks ago I heard very cool punkish version of 'Solitary Man' I wanna see if we can add.
Another is the Infectious Grooves version of 'Fame'......

We're playing a Springsteen tribute show next month, so we started "Thunder Road" and "Tunnel of Love", neither of which I've ever seen a band cover.

I've been playing in a pop, country, classic rock band for a while now. Two girls, two guys.

We're doing an original arrangement of "Straight On" by Heart, and a cool rendition of These Boots, Nancy Sinatra. Big fun.

The last cover I herd that made me go WOW, was of, You Keep Me Hangin On - Supremes.

Last night, on the ride home from work, The Kinks - You Really Got Me Now came on, and I thought, man, it's been too long since I herd that one.

Back