Whitfill Trans Red Slimline, P90s

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://www.destroyallguitars.com/new-arrivals-guitars/item/792-whitfill-trans-red-slimline-p90s

$3,250.00

item is in stock

DESCRIPTION:
Here is a Whitfill Trans Red Slimline w/ P90s.

If you’re looking for the absolute finest in a vintage “T” guitar, step up to a Whitfill. They are available in the standard T and Slimline models both loaded with Charles Whitfill's proprietary pickup sets. The Whitfill T style guitars reproduce the finest in vintage tone and feel.

SPECS:
- Weight: 6 lb 8 oz
- Body: swamp ash
- Neck: maple / rosewood, .850 1st fret, .950 12th fret, C shape
- Nut width: 1.650"
- Radius: 10"
- Pickups: Whitfill P-90s

- Electronics: CTS pots, CRL switch, Oil and Paper capacitor, cloth wire
- Tuners: Gotoh vintage style nickel
- Bridge: Gotoh 6 saddle hardtail
- Hardware: SS screws, nickel Plates

PRICING INFO:
- $3,250.00

I can sell you this one for half Mark...it doesn't have a hole it in so it's worth more :thu:

TelewithBGPure90s.jpg

:Wave:

I agree it's nice, and I also agree that unless those Charles Whitfills propietary pickups sound uber special, then it would be hard to justify the price.

There's a Fender for $450 street:

b7cad167492b6d6a2a0e1ae5e7491a2e.png

Sure to have the same attention to detail PLUS a maple board and two vol and tone controls. Clearly a superior instrument!

You know, I am ok with the higher prices of some guitars. Doug's for example are unique and not something I could pull off building. But $3500 for a tele is crazy. I could buy the hardware and pickups, then get the body and neck from Warmoth that would be comparable in quality, assemble it myself and take it to my tech for a setup and have a guitar that is just as good as that one for about half the price. If you are going to build a tele clone, add something special to it to set it apart from just a tele.

You know, I am ok with the higher prices of some guitars. Doug's for example are unique and not something I could pull off building. But $3500 for a tele is crazy. I could buy the hardware and pickups, then get the body and neck from Warmoth that would be comparable in quality, assemble it myself and take it to my tech for a setup and have a guitar that is just as good as that one for about half the price. If you are going to build a tele clone, add something special to it to set it apart from just a tele.

Thanks Chad. I have to agree with this. I'm so sick and tired of every straight S and T type clone.

It's part of why I love Paul Rhoney's Vireo so much. It's a Tele... but it's not a Tele.

large.jpg

This is 2200 bucks, it's a flat out steal. It was the first guitar I did the pocketed laser cut fret slots, has a killer big D, maple neck. Roadhouse pickups, mastery tele bridge. I feel like it's extremely well priced and you couldn't just order it from the Warmoth catalog. https://paulrhoneyguitars.squarespace.com/for-sale/

If I'm going to spend my money, I want a luithers creativity. Doesn't have to be radical, I just want to know that it's special. Especially with T/S types, we all can build the same f'ing guitar. There isn't really any extra mojo or magic in one builder over another of similar quality.

Thanks Chad. I have to agree with this. I'm so sick and tired of every straight S and T type clone.

It's part of why I love Paul Rhoney's Vireo so much. It's a Tele... but it's not a Tele.

large.jpg

This is 2200 bucks, it's a flat out steal. It was the first guitar I did the pocketed laser cut fret slots, has a killer big D, maple neck. Roadhouse pickups, mastery tele bridge. I feel like it's extremely well priced and you couldn't just order it from the Warmoth catalog. https://paulrhoneyguitars.squarespace.com/for-sale/

If I'm going to spend my money, I want a luithers creativity. Doesn't have to be radical, I just want to know that it's special. Especially with T/S types, we all can build the same f'ing guitar. There isn't really any extra mojo or magic in one builder over another of similar quality.
I saw that one on Facebook recently and I think its my fav of Pauls guitars.

large.jpg

That is exactly what I am talking about. And that is $1000 cheaper than the original guitar posted. Even if I did go to Warmoth and get something close, it wouldn't be that far off on the price with that hardware and when you factor in my time doing it all, it would probably be the same price.

Back