Mojo Request Sick young kat :(

Continued kitteh mojo. UTI's are painful for kittehs. We've been lucky to not have that problem in several years.

We had to put down our oldest cat last night after months of gastro issues, weight loss, and her extreme clingy-ness (she was trying to tell us something). She was the best behaved cat we have ever had until she took a shit in my wife's purse and other things this week. She was getting really close to the end.

RIP "Nub". :(

6579835125_e92fe01247_b.jpg

5789715287_001d326e1e_o.jpg

Aw, damn - sorry Tig :(.

Reactions: Tig
Continued kitteh mojo. UTI's are painful for kittehs. We've been lucky to not have that problem in several years.

We had to put down our oldest cat last night after months of gastro issues, weight loss, and her extreme clingy-ness (she was trying to tell us something). She was the best behaved cat we have ever had until she took a shit in my wife's purse and other things this week. She was getting really close to the end.

I'm sorry to hear it. I know just what you went through with the sickness related behavior issues.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Boo came home yesterday, and so far, so good. Hopefully he won't need the procedure, but if so, we are all set to go with it. Anyway, he has the "cone of shame" for two more days, then we'll see...

Poor Boo - for the last few weeks, he has been on and off being really sick with UT infections. He's been in and out of the vet, getting antibiotics, coming home and bouncing back for a few days, only to fall ill again and have to go back to the vet. The last two visits, he's needed a catheter. He will probably need pu surgery, otherwise he may not be long for the world :(.

We have a house full of two (and sometimes three) girls, one kinda softy guy, and Boo's adoptive older brother all hoping he gets better :(.

View attachment 14973

Guys........I'm with you on this one.....I have 2 cats. One is a three and a half year old persian/ragdoll. I'll post his pic at the end of this post if I'm able to do so. Pretty much the same thing. Bottom line,after a few trips to emergency,3 stones removed from his bladder and almost $2000 later,I started recearching. I always thought I had them on a good quality dry food.(Chicken Soup For The Cat Lovers Soul)..Think about it.......Cats get their moisture mostly from their food and dry 'kibble' is less than 10 percent mosture and filled with crap. Wet,or canned,is over 70 percent moisture and I've managed to get them both on 100 % canned...That being said the food bill for the 2 cats has now gone from about $20 per month to about $150 per month. I feed a good quality wet food. Wellness Core is the name of it. It's grain free. And I also found a new vet that is holistic and promotes feeding cats "RAW".....Cats are carnivores....I now mix in things like raw chicken hearts,livers,legs and thighs,etc. Fresh raw beef liver,kidneys and heart....There's a lot more to be told about feeding cats a total raw diet and I'm slowly learning and will soon have them on %100 raw. Seriously,do some research. Vets get kickbacks for the food they sell at their shops. I have a 21 year old daughter that is about to enter her 4th year of university in hopes of becomming a vet, She even said the only nutritinal education they get is from the company that sells the food to the vets.....Cats should be living to be 20 years of age instead of passing at 6-10.....Male neutered cats are at the highest risk for blocking .....Anyway..........Here's 'Mop'...................

Condolences for the loss of a wonderful cat. I'm not sure of the age of my old boy Oscar, but I think he's close to 12. Try not to think about how much I'll miss him.

Back