What pedals do you guys use with your acoustics?

Go easy on the effects. Reverb usually works ok. Compression might be a good idea but might also promote feedback.

Chorus might work in some settings but, if I'm playing acoustic in front of people, I usually need it to sound pretty natural.

Ok, so you want a pedal that will make your piezo in the new JP you just bought sound good. Get an EQ pedal, an ambient delay, and a direct box. Or, get one of those Fishman Aura pedals.

Never ever, ever, use chorus on an acoustic. It always sounds horrible.

I run my acoustic to a DI and to the board. I am with HiAR on the acoustic and chorus thing.....never. Add a bit of 'verb at the board. A good EQ on an acoustic goes a log way.

Mega Distortion and Q-Tron....

Seriously, though, depending on the venue, reverb or chorus (used judiciously) can be nice. I have a TC Harmony Singer pedal that is pretty much ideal for the whole solo acoustic thing (vocal harmony + surprisingly decent reverb for guitar). Other than that, a looper can be fun...

I use a pedal that makes my acoustic guitar sound like an electric. I also have a pedal from the same company that makes my electric guitar sound like an acoustic. :facepalm:

Seriously, I like using a little reverb, chorus, or delay.

I use the ToneBone PZ Pre... it has a piezo buffer (footswitchable dual inputs) and has an effects loop (I put the TC Looper in there) and a solo boost. There's a mute switch I never use because I mute with my tuner.

Beyond the looper, the only effect I use is a wah pedal (reggae).

PADI for anti-quack and EQ, an EQ pedal for my lead boosts, compression to even out my fingerpicking, delay for a little slap-back texture, and a tremolo, but I'm not sure the tremolo sounds very good with acoustic and I may drop it.

I run my acoustic into a Fishman Aura. The Aura has a built in tuner and compression with DI and standard 1/4" out. In the efx loop I have an Hermida Reverb, Zoom Choir (set to some delay and very wide chorus - let the HIAR start bombing lmboalso there is no Queensryche sounds hear) and a Boss RC20XL looper. I go out of the Aura into the PA with "NO" additional efx from the board.

Last edited:
Ok, so you want a pedal that will make your piezo in the new JP you just bought sound good. Get an EQ pedal, an ambient delay, and a direct box. Or, get one of those Fishman Aura pedals.

Never ever, ever, use chorus on an acoustic. It always sounds Queensryche.

FIFY

I have a few patches on my GT8 that nicely blend in some verb, chorus and delay...
AND ALWAYS, if you can, RUN IN STEREO! NOTHING LIKE IT!
And um, I mean, nothing :wink:

Back