Achtung! This is how things work here on the new forum software!

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Thanks to the guys who have been messing with the forum and giving me some pics and text to steal. We'll keep adding to this as we find things people need.

The first thing is the "Whats New" button:

And in the top and bottom "Breadcrumbs":

This little blue box with the up arrow in it is the scrolling "to the top" button:

To reply to a post with a quote you hit the "reply" link here:

To multi quote hit the reply button in every post you want to quote and the posts show up automatically in the reply form.

Alerts:

Besides seeing all of your alerts in this tab you can also set your alert preferences (including how you get alerts)

Very important:

In the "Watched Threads" you can multi-check and then disable or enable e-mail notification:

xenforo-watchedThreads.png

Also, if you turn off the AutoWatch option, and you do want to watch a thread, there's a little linky at the top right of the thread to do so. Clicking on it pops this up:
xenforo-watchedThreads(2).png

So you can watch with or without e-mail notification, but it will still give you alerts and be in your "Watched Threads" list.

To go "back to the forum" I think we're going to leave the "breadcrumbs" at the top and bottom of the thread:

This little arrow opens up the quick navigation menu:

This is the quick navigation popup::

Last edited:
Tagging users in a post sends them an alert if you'd like to make sure they read something you've posted.

Type the "@" and start their username and this little chooser will pop up:

I'm disappointed. Was expecting a XXXXX prn thread.
:embarrassed:
Hmm, what would it take to get a XXXXX rating, a POV Pecker Cam? :quag:

Good thread...

I think we'll keep adding to this and then after the migration I'll clean up all of the non-instructional posts, format the information a little better and make it a sticky in the lounge. I think that some folks after the HC migration got upset because they perceived things missing that just looked different or were hard to find so I'd like to head anything like that off with this thread.

Private Messages are "Conversations" in Xenforo.

You can start new conversations in this tab as well as seeing existing ones. And its easy to add participants to the conversation or lock people out if you want to keep it private.

This may have been mentioned before, and others may prefer the new format, but can we get the Time/Date in which a post was posted to show up below the avatar again, and not at the bottom of a message. Sometimes, for long messages, it's nice to know when it was posted before starting to read it.

This may have been mentioned before, and others may prefer the new format, but can we get the Time/Date in which a post was posted to show up below the avatar again, and not at the bottom of a message. Sometimes, for long messages, it's nice to know when it was posted before starting to read it.

You mean in the bar above the avatar? Ill look into that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok...I'm struggling with this one. I'll try again tomorrow.

Smilies, pictures and videos can all be inserted into posts here:

To the left is a smiley face that will open the smiley dialog. In the center is where you can insert an image that is hosted elsewhere by pasting the image address into this dialog box:

To upload a picture (or any other file) you need to press the "upload a file" button:

Which gives you this:

One other neat feature of Xenforo is that you can drag any of the accepted filetypes from your computers desktop onto the reply box and it will automatically upload and attach the file to your post.

The little filmstrip to the right of the image button will allow you to embed videos from sites such as YouTube and Facebook:

If you just paste a Youtube video's URL in the post box it will also automatically embed into the post as well.

ok....we now have "Fast Quotes". This is because you can quote multiple posts on one page but they are not kept if you move to another page before replying. This is actually the first thing I haven't been happy with about Xenforo but its not a dealbreaker for me.

I'll play with it later but you have to click the "fast quotes" link in green. You highlight the text you want and then click on it for the "Quote me"

popup.

When you start a new page you'll need to click the Fast Quotes link again for this to work though. Not really how I'd like it to work but until they have a real Multi-quote native to Xenforo this is it I guess.

Last edited:

gotcha covered:

Back