So does anyone check out the "Pedal of the Day"

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
or is it just for me and howie to argue about pedals?

[ame="http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13"]Pedalboard - The Forums at MarkWeinGuitarLessons.com[/ame]

I check it out sometimes, but 90% of the stuff you post goes so far over my head and off my radar that I can't even tell what kind of pedal it is. :embarrassed:

I have a Boss GT-10 and a Roland VG-99.

But I don't even own a guitar amplifier.

If I'm able to play guitar any more, I'd probably have more luck with an electric. Maybe I'll pick myself up a couple of Deluxe Reverb RIs and some pedals.

I've been trying to pick things that either aren't very common or are something I have questions about myself...I'll take requests! Part of the fun is hearing what other folks have to say about them...

Since I do most of my surfing from work, I can't really watch the videos of any of the stuff you post. Combine that with my general lack of knowledge of pedals, and you have a series of threads that I largely can't participate in. :embarrassed:

I have a Boss GT-10 and a Roland VG-99.

But I don't even own a guitar amplifier.

If I'm able to play guitar any more, I'd probably have more luck with an electric. Maybe I'll pick myself up a couple of Deluxe Reverb RIs and some pedals.

A nice amp (even a small one) makes playing electric quite a bit more fun....I play through modelers all day long but actually getting to crank an amp in one of the classes is usually the high point of my day...

Since I do most of my surfing from work, I can't really watch the videos of any of the stuff you post. Combine that with my general lack of knowledge of pedals, and you have a series of threads that I largely can't participate in. :embarrassed:

oh....:(

I've never been a pedal guy. I know the threads exist but I generally dont go in them. You guys know I like my distortion to come from the head. And Im not really into other effects aside from the very typical stuff here and there. Chorus, reverb, maybe some delay. So I really just wouldnt be any fun in the POTD thread.

I still don't consider myself a pedal guy either, even though my board now has 8 pedals on it. :facepalm:

Actually, I took the Bad Monkey off my board, so I'm back down to 7.

It's all pretty common stuff though.

Dunlop Original Crybaby
Turbo Tuner
EVH Phase 90
Barber Direct Drive SS
Digitech Hardwire Delay
Digitch Hardwire Reverb
MXR 6 band EQ

I'd be interested to hear how you guys go about setting up an EQ for your guitar. What do you listen for?

I forumize on my iPod touch most of the time so going to anything other than the lounge takes to long. :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

Plus I'm a guitar n00b.

I'd be interested to hear how you guys go about setting up an EQ for your guitar. What do you listen for?

Depends on the amp.

On the Bassman, I usually start with the bass and treble at 5 on the amp, then adjust as needed.

On the Classic 30, I just crank everything to 12 and it sounds great.

My EQ pedal is just a lead boost. Put it after the OD (if you're getting your OD from a pedal, put the EQ after the pedal, if you get your OD from the amp, put the EQ in the FX loop). Then I bump the mids by a few db. When I play a lead, I step on the EQ pedal and my solo jumps out to the front of the mix.

AmpSettings.jpg

teh scooped midz for teh brootelz. :biggrin:

Does the EQ change with venues? Or once the sound is maximized, its pretty much maximized everywhere?

Back