Do you folks still use VHS players?

Phil513

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Staff member
Just curious. I have nearly 400 movies on VHS still, so my player will be around for quite a long time.

I think there's still a VCR in the attic, but honestly, I haven't watched a VHS tape for several years.

I don't have one at home, but we still do at the summer home, and we've relocated all the VHS tapes to there. Works for rainy summer days.

It's getting to the point where I own a lot of movies in both formats, though.

We have a VCR hooked up to a TV in the basement that also has the PS2 hooked up. We probably have 75 or so VHS movies and mainly my daughter watches them (lots of Disney stuff). We have two other VCR players somewhere in the house...

no vhs here....

my old tube tv died last week so i bought a 42" lcd flat screen and dvd/blue-ray player....i also got a hd-dvr from my cable provider ....

We've got two LCD flatscreens, but no HD service. :embarrassed: I can pick up local over-the-air HD for the networks using a set of rabbit ears upstairs though.

I also have an antenna that I need to put up and route the wiring to the living room and bedroom before Mrs. P cancels the satellite service and we're left with no TV in the living room.

We've got two LCD flatscreens, but no HD service. :embarrassed: I can pick up local over-the-air HD for the networks using a set of rabbit ears upstairs though.

I also have an antenna that I need to put up and route the wiring to the living room and bedroom before Mrs. P cancels the satellite service and we're left with no TV in the living room.

We just got a 46" flatscreen a few months ago, got HD and then realized our Tive (which is the only way I can watch TV with my schedule) isn't HD so we don't use the HD at all. I'd get an HD Tivo box but we just replaced our old one in January and I'm not spending the money on a new one just to have HD :mad:

6a00d8341d299153ef011278fe1eba28a4-800wi

In fairness to myself, i have about 700 movies on DVD, so nearly 1200 in all.

I did skip that whole REALLY BIG laser disc phase though, the ones that were like the size of an LP. :biggrin:

I don't own one...I prolly have some VHS tapes around somewhere though.

I never really bought a lot of movies...there aren't a lot of movies I want to watch more than once. I guess we have a bunch of kids movies though...

I had one of these as a kid:

2466348514_388e84690e.jpg

Only I didn't have any Sesame Street cartridges. I remember I had some Disney, though.

Back