Ribeye vs. New York strip vs. Top Sirloin

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
What's your favorite?

I went to Texas Corral last night ( I had the fillet :embarrassed: ) and was wondering which one I actually prefer out of those 3. I think for me it's the ribeye.

Are there any other quality cuts I'm missing, besides the tenderloin? I didn't include that for the obvious reason is that it would win hands down.

I've never heard of hanger steak.

I had some odd cuts at one of those Brazilian steak houses where they bring to your table like 20 different kinds of steak....not sure if one of those was a hanger steak or not :shrug:

Ribeye is my favorite. Remove sirloin from you list. Those are good for grinding into hamberger or fajita meat.

Depends..If I want a big honking steak dinner, I love dry aging (yeah, I've read seriouseats on this...) a grass fed rib eye or porterhouse. If I'm wipping together a quick meal on the go, I like thinner cuts like skirt/hanger & flat irons that I can quickly defrost and get on the plate.

T-Bone/Porterhouse

But of the ones you mentioned, I'd probably chose the New York over the ribeye if I am grilling.

I used to be a ny strip guy (still love them) but over the last couple of years I've been leaning towards ribeyes.

I go between ribeye, NY strip(bone in), and porterhouse. All delicious and depends on my mood/taste needs.

Sent from The Nether

I made some great New York strips last night. :thu: usually it's porterhouse, but the strips were a nice change.

Back