Weekend Wrapup

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Slow family weekend :)

Friday - dinner with the inlaws....nothing too special....

Saturday - taught in the morning, hung out the rest of the day

Sunday - housework, made Chili and then BBQ'd in the afternoon.

I think this was my most uneventful weekend in a long time....

Friday: I think we went to bed fairly early. Nothing too exciting.

Saturday: 5k in the morning (27:46) and then a 13 mile bike ride. Saw a very young fawn. That evening we went to Parkersburg, had an excellent Japanese dinner, then went home and vegetated.

Sunday: Recorded a quick song for Beatles Fest, then went for a motorcycle ride. After that. Mrs. P put some ribs on the stove before I left, and when I got home I threw them on the grill for a while. They came out well. Not the best ribs I've ever had, but not too bad. I have pics, but haven't uploaded them yet. I also grilled a bunch of pork chops for this week's lunches. After dinner, we went to the lake and paddled around with the kayaks for a very short while, but we were both pretty exhausted, so we didn't stay out long. Then we went home, watched a chick flick (can't remember the name...Rene Zelwiger and Harry Conick, Jr), and went to bed.

Very little aside form work on my summer recording fest project. I THINK I have it almost finished. Watched the Penguins lose to the Red Wings both days. Sunday had the guy over to trade axes and got the new Tele you're probably all tired of hearing about.

telepic5.jpg

Last edited:
Friday - took the kids to see "Up".

Saturday - went to Jungle Jim's, Guitar Center, traded an Ibanez for a Les Paul I had owned a mere couple of weeks ago, ate dinner at BJ's Brewhouse, hung at home.

Sunday - Worked on my recording a bunch, had dinner with my folks, played with the kids.

Friday, did stuff around the house mostly.

Saturday, worked on my recording submission. I wish i had talent. :mad:

Sunday, the GF is doing well with her bookstore, she is thinking about branching out to a second location, so we went and looked at some spaces for lease in Lake Elsinore area. But she didnt really like it there very much.

Sunday, the GF is doing well with her bookstore, she is thinking about branching out to a second location, so we went and looked at some spaces for lease in Lake Elsinore area. But she didnt really like it there very much.

Thats great!

Lake Elsinore sucks, though.

Thats great!

Lake Elsinore sucks, though.

I was going to elaborate, but didnt know if Jake was moving there. hahahaha.

But yes. We went to the quaint old downtown district, at first blush it looks kinda cute and all, but we got out and walked around, and the place is an armpit. I would imagine if that is the cute area, it goes downhill from there.

Actually there seems to be kinda a band that runs from Elsinore, through Perris, Romoland on to Hemet that is just generally crappy. Everyone is scary looking. :embarrassed:

I was going to elaborate, but didnt know if Jake was moving there. hahahaha.

But yes. We went to the quaint old downtown district, at first blush it looks kinda cute and all, but we got out and walked around, and the place is an armpit. I would imagine if that is the cute area, it goes downhill from there.

Actually there seems to be kinda a band that runs from Elsinore, through Perris, Romoland on to Hemet that is just generally crappy. Everyone is scary looking. :embarrassed:

Suhr Guitars is down there off the freeway an exit or so before downtown IIRC. One day I got there too early so I figured I would check out the area. Not my cup of tea.

Suhr Guitars is down there off the freeway an exit or so before downtown IIRC. One day I got there too early so I figured I would check out the area. Not my cup of tea.

No. You have way too many teeth compared to most of the white males i saw there. :embarrassed:

Friday - Woke up early :mad: and went to the bank and then Guitar Center. Out at GC I bought a new drum thrones, some moon gels, and a Pearl Eliminator Double Kick Pedal. On my way back to the academy I stopped and had lunch at The Root Beer Stand! love0 Normally I don't teach on Friday's, but I had scheduled make-up lessons so I taught from 4 to 7. Afterward I went over the the new space and set-up my double kick pedal, finished putting my desk together.and went home.

Saturday - Woke up early to go teach make-up lessons, but apparently not early enough. A student had emailed me and asked if they could come in early, and I forgot all about it with the chaos of the move. :facepalm: They were only slightly miffed, so I made a slight policy change and comp'd them the lesson, something I rarely do, then I emailed him the lesson material. Finally go in to teach and my next three students don't show up. :facepalm::facepalm: I start taking apart and breaking down all the equipment I could. After I finish up I run to Costco so I could get my medication, then I headed over to Boston Market for dinner, then hit up Sonic for coffee. Got to work breaking down my recording set-up but then we had a bad thunderstorm with tornado watch in our area and there were two funnels sighted "nearby." SPent an hour in the basement playing on my iTouch and then went back. After I broke down everything and moved it downstairs (old place) then took it back up stairs (new place) and finally hooked it up, it was just shy of 5 in the morning. I decided to get me an Egg McMuffin then went home and passed out for a few hours.

Sunday - The new academy had an open house with a pretty good turnout. I had one of my long-time friends stop by with his GF and we shot the shit for a bit, plus I picked up a few potential clients. After that I came home and finished creating my character for our new D&D sessions.... Eladrin Warlord. :embarrassed:

Friday- Worked until 5pm, set a tent in the front yard for my daughter and
her friends to sleep in.
Saturday- hung out at home did yard work, played some basketball rolled my
ankle- watched the Redwings beat the penguins, iced my ankle
Sunday- woke up my ankle was the size of a softball AND HURTS, watched
friends and family play softball while sat on the bench. went home and BBQ some steaks watched the Redwings beat the penguins AGAIN

Friday - Busiest day at work since frikkin halloween...damn lakers...Didn't really do anything else...

Saturday - Worked from 10:30-8:30...chilled at home afterwards.

Sunday - Church in the morning, followed by Souplantation...Went home played some board games with family and had nachos.

Oh and on Wednesday I played lead guitar for the youth band in front of the whole church which was cool...first time I played in front of more then around 20 people.Totally_jammin_out

Friday - Gig

Saturday - Gig

Sunday - Went swimming, tossed the Frisbee with the kids, and made Shake and Bake boneless pork loin for dinner. Read until 3:30AM.

Oh and on Wednesday I played lead guitar for the youth band in front of the whole church which was cool...first time I played in front of more then around 20 people.Totally_jammin_out

Congrats! Thats always fun. :thu:

Yeah i had a good time...I was pretty nervous especially during my short little solo :embarrassed: so I think I'll have a lot better time next time i do it.

Yeah i had a good time...I was pretty nervous especially during my short little solo :embarrassed: so I think I'll have a lot better time next time i do it.

I got to play bass for our worship team a few times, its a lot of fun.

A slow weekend...

Friday - Watched 'Kung Fu Panda' (good flick). Went to bed early....

Saturday - Band rehearsal from 10AM to 3:30PM. A very good rehearsal. Our new drummer is really good. Our new fiddle player, however, quit on Thursday. She cited overcommitment. I think she probably just had second thoughts about playing country/modern country/classic rock vs the bluegrass she usually plays. Of well. Relaxed most of the evening then watched last summers Indiana Jones flick (Crystal Skull). A good movie - though not close to as good as #1 or #3 in the series.

Sunday - Lead the church band. We had no rehearsal this week and this particular group needs rehearsals. Everyone but the drummer was playing/singing tentatively and it was not a sterling effort as a result. In the afternoon I investigated a downspout on our house that didn't seem to be working. When I got to the gutter and looked inside there were plants growing. There was that much dirt and gunk inside. I took off the elbow joint, cleaned it out, then replaced it about 20 minutes prior to a major downpour. It is working correctly now. I also discovered a yellowjacket nest in the same area. I could not see the nest but the little bastards were flying in and out of a small hole between the boards close to where I was working. I will caulk that hole sometime this week. I HATE yellowjackets....

Friday, rode my bike home from work, 15 miles, had the broken les paul delivered and bs'd for a while.

Saturday, went to garage sales with the Mrs. Bought a bunch of cds, a buck a piece.

Santana Shaman
Counting Crows August
Arc Angels
M S G
Cracker Kerosene Hat
Spin Drs. Pocket full
Son Volt trace
Jerky Boys
Queensryche Empire
Ozzy Tribute
Rob Zombie Hellbilly Deluxe
AIC Dirt
Fuel Something like human
Drivin N Cryin Fly Me Courageous
Tesla Psychotic Supper
AC DC Who Made Who soundtrack
Ratt Ratt & Roll

A couple of videos

Def Leppard Historia
Skid Row, Oh say can you scream

Then mostly worked around the house

Sunday Rebuilt the carb on the boat, scrubbed the porch, smoked some chickens, more chores...

Back