3 new pedals in 2 weeks

Tig

Fucktangular
I'm done with multi-effects systems and have been taking my time to choose some quality effects that will stay in my signal chain for a long time.

Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker

Take the original Big Muff and add a few extra tone shaping switches for a wide variety of distorted, fuzzy sustain. The Wicker switch opens up several high frequency filters, adding top end bite. The Tone switch bypasses the tone control circuit, releasing a full blast Big Muff blitz.
Electro-Harmonix-Big-Muff-Pi-With-Tone-Wicker.jpg

Wampler Ego Compressor

After much research, this pedal stayed atop the list, mostly due to the Blend knob that mixes your untouched dry signal with the compressed signal. This prevents the noisy, fake sound that so many compressors suffer from. I hardly know it is on unless I switch it off, which is exactly what it should do. From chickin' pickin' to long sustain, this pedal sounds fantastic.
[video=youtube_share;THXE9R-xMf8]http://youtu.be/THXE9R-xMf8[/video]

Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb
I've been looking at reverb pedals for some time now, and considered the TC Electronics Hall of Fame, the EHX Cathedral, and the Strymon Blue Sky, but the new Supernatural Ambient Verb was too good to pass up. It too has a wet/dry blend control. It really nails the classic plate and spring reverb, and the extra Shimmer, Supernova, Shine, and Pherb settings bring on some rich, deep new tones that blow me away. The "Pherb" blends a phaser effect into the wet signal.

These videos from Andy only scratch the surface:
[video=youtube_share;XXb4OVd_p80]http://youtu.be/XXb4OVd_p80[/video]

[video=youtube_share;hXy9CWb-d-4]http://youtu.be/hXy9CWb-d-4[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is a Voodoo Giggity! :grin:

If that doesn't turn out, the Catalinbread Naga Viper.
(Dallas Rangemaster "Treble-Booster" clone plus enhancements)

i considered the Tone Wicker when i bought my Mojo Hand Colossus. nice pedal. but i liked the midrange control instead of the switches.

looking forward to your thoughts on the verb pedal.

That 'verb is really nice. Gotta be one of the best looking pedals to come out in a long time, too.

I'd like to try that 'verb with my current rig. The demos I've heard sound impressive and some of the sounds rival dedicated rack gear. $180? Fair chunka change in these hard times but if it's quiet it would possibly be worth it.

The Wicker is a nice pedal.....I have one but that's not stopping me from seriously lusting after some other fuzzies.

I swear, Andy makes everything sound damn good.

That 'verb is really nice. Gotta be one of the best looking pedals to come out in a long time, too.

Which brings up my only complaint so far, the gold labeling on black becomes invisible unless you have some decent lighting.

I'd like to try that 'verb with my current rig. The demos I've heard sound impressive and some of the sounds rival dedicated rack gear. $180? Fair chunka change in these hard times but if it's quiet it would possibly be worth it.

I can see this pedal working well for your music. It expertly covers the classic reverbs, but the extra fun shows up with the more atmospheric settings that run from mild to wild, yet very useful.

Great pedal chain! I have that Big Muff and absolutely love it! I had the Boss RV-5 which seems very similar to the Supernatural. It was a fantastic pedal but I lost it in a trade deal.
Welcome to the land of great tone! :grin:
Enjoy!

Cool Doug! Fun stuff! I have liked my Big Muff Pi, but haven't been using it much lately. I bet that wicker switch and tone switch add some versatility to a fun sound!

Back