CraigsList Ad - Squier 51

Deep Eddy

Argle Bargle or Foofaraw?
Someone is asking $300 for a modified Squier 51. It looks cool (I love the color), but $300 seems like a lot of money for a guitar that was once sold for as low as $89. That said, people are free to ask whatever price they want for their items. I'd love to know if he gets his asking price, b/c I have a '51 that I could sell. :)

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/msg/3135409617.html

the Squire '51 was the hot buy when I first started electric guitar. Fobert (dolphinstreet) had one and made it sound great! But I missed the special blow out deals. They still seem pretty cool, but I am not thinking I would drop 3 bills on one. :)

In Squier circles, the 51 is highly sought after. $300 is a bit steep. But I bought one at a pawn shop for $90 and sold it for $200. This happened about 3 months ago.

As is typical with the Chicago craigslist (I'm on almost every day), this guy's out of his mind. Plus, no one is going to drive all the way out to Oswego to overpay for a guitar. This has cheap GFS pickups in it, which are actually ok pups, but are very inexpensive. It's not like the guy threw in a pair of Rio Grandes or something.

"Put down the pipe, and don't forget to wipe"~ Chris Farley.

Someone is asking $300 for a modified Squier 51. It looks cool (I love the color), but $300 seems like a lot of money for a guitar that was once sold for as low as $89. That said, people are free to ask whatever price they want for their items. I'd love to know if he gets his asking price, b/c I have a '51 that I could sell. :)

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/msg/3135409617.html

Now, that being said, I've always wanted a Squier '51, and I'm really sorry I missed out on buying one new. I should start looking to buy a mint one somewhere. Hopefully I can get one on the cheap. NOT $300! Ridiculous. See my previous comment on that.

Now, that being said, I've always wanted a Squier '51, and I'm really sorry I missed out on buying one new. I should start looking to buy a mint one somewhere. Hopefully I can get one on the cheap. NOT $300! Ridiculous. See my previous comment on that.

I have a sunburst '51 laying around that I never use. I made a couple of changes to it a few years ago (GFS lipstick pickup in the neck and new pickguard), but I have the original parts. Let me know if you decide that you want to get one, and we can talk.

I have a stock '51, blonde with black pickguard. I had listed it a month ago on the local CL for 240. I was offered 160, which I turned down. Going to relist.

There's a mint blonde one with a white pickguard on ebay. Right now it's at $67, but it's still got 3 days to go. Most of the rest are in the $150-200 range. More than I would pay for one. I'll have to lie low and see if I can snipe one. :(

Back