Achtung! Comic book movies and comic books thread!!

Bigsbyboy

Les Paulverizer
i hope this takes off.. A place to discuse movies and comic books or a mixture of the two.. I went and saw the Avengers for the 4th time last night and it never gets old!

Wow 4 times!? I saw it and really dug it.

Going to check out the new Spidey this week and then I'll be at Comic Con this weekend. Doesn't get any better than that!

I usually watch it once in the theatres and then wait for the DVD to be released. Then I will watch repeatedly.

Wow 4 times!? I saw it and really dug it.

Going to check out the new Spidey this week and then I'll be at Comic Con this weekend. Doesn't get any better than that!

My daughter is volunteering at Comic Con. She does that every year to get free admission. She does me proud, she does. I went a couple times in my youth. '80 and '81, I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I grew up reading Marvel comics and shunning DC. (When I was a kid, DC was out of gas, and just coasting on the name recognition of its core superheroes.) Consequently, I've enjoyed the Marvel-based movies more than the DC ones. I honestly can't understand all the fawning over the recent Batman movies.

I've never been to SDCC. I wanted to go the year Rumiko Takahashi was a guest, but from reports from friends who did go, it's just as well I didn't. I think I'm too old for all that now. :old:

My wife got to meet Val kilmer and the guy who played atreyu in the neverending story! lol good times. i meet the dad from teen wolf!

My daughter is volunteering at Comic Con. She does that every year to get free admission. She does me proud, she does. I went a couple times in my youth. '80 and '81, I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't realize they had been around that long.

I grew up reading Marvel comics and shunning DC. (When I was a kid, DC was out of gas, and just coasting on the name recognition of its core superheroes.) Consequently, I've enjoyed the Marvel-based movies more than the DC ones. I honestly can't understand all the fawning over the recent Batman movies.

I've never been to SDCC. I wanted to go the year Rumiko Takahashi was a guest, but from reports from friends who did go, it's just as well I didn't. I think I'm too old for all that now. :old:

Same here - never went to a Comic Con. The closest I came to something like that was in Minnesota around 1997. Besides visiting the wife's family, I went to the NMRA train show. Irony was that a Transformers Convention (Botcon) was going on next door. This I had to go to a heavy duty fan of those Robots in Disguise.

Only 4 times? Pshaw... I've probably watched at least parts of it that many times in the past week!

Yes, the Avengers is actually a movie that had made me bend on my stance against pirated movies. After seeing it three times opening week, I was given a burned copy that has been acting as a placeholder until September 25th. :helper:

I think the first Comic I ever read was Spiderman... and I was drawn to the Hulk because of my fondness for Frankenstein.

First comic subscription was Marvel Team Up... loved seeing the different combinations of heroes... and then What If. I think the alternate takes on characters is better than the constant reimagining and reboots of characters. Its excused and even preferable when one of those characters burns out like a shooting star or sacrifices themselves.

I bet my friend Andy is going to Botcon. He makes pretty good money selling these vintage bots that he builds from scrap electrical parts.

I looked it up and Botcon is in houston and we missed it already!! darn... theres an anime convention in Chicago soon.. May go check that out! may be super creepy though!

theres an anime convention in Chicago soon.. May go check that out! may be super creepy though!

Only if your wife wears one of those schoolgirl outfits and you dress as a giant squid....

Or worse yet, your wife wears the squid costume and you're the little schoolgirl. :grin:

I bet my friend Andy is going to Botcon. He makes pretty good money selling these vintage bots that he builds from scrap electrical parts.

Unless Botcon has changed, it is only Transformer toys and paraphenilia.

I looked it up and Botcon is in houston and we missed it already!! darn... theres an anime convention in Chicago soon.. May go check that out! may be super creepy though!

I should look it up again. It has been awhile since I went to that one. The limited releases for Botcon only sells quickly and can be found on ebay with way elevated prices - too rich for my blood.

iron-man_528_poster.jpg

Back