Just ordered this....a bit of a tele upgrade.

Tiltsta

Show me your frittatas
Staff member
WoodOne piece Birdseye Maple
OrientationRight Handed
Nut Width1 11/16"
NutGraphTech Black TUSQ XL
Back ContourStandard thin
Frets6150
RadiusStraight 9.5"
InlayBlack Face Dots
Tuner ReamYou Choose Tuner Holes
FinishClear Satin Nitro
Scale25-1/2 in.

VMT4005A.jpg

VMT4005E.jpg

It is an upgrade for my MIM blackout tele. I bought it a while ago for 199 bucks as a closeout fender friday from MF. The tele is nice, and has a decent neck, but it is fairly fat, and even though it is supposed to have medium jumbo fender sized frets, they are clearly shorter and rounder than my other MIM or MIA fenders.They feel like the old MIM 'vintage' style frets from the 90's models to me. It is a decent guitar, but it just didn't feel comfortable. It sounds great, and the pickups seem to be decent alnico models from the MIM vintage series, and the body is pretty light, so I liked everything but the neck/frets. So, I watched the Warmoth site for along time for a maple tele neck that would fit my needs, and finally, this thing turned up.

I have a set of tuners for it already and I have some roller style string trees. Should be a pretty simple bolt on with a little drilling for the tuner screws and such. It even comes with the nut pre-slotted by CNC.

The birdseye bling is a bonus, as this neck was pretty much the same price as the plain maple they had in stock.

Last edited:
The tuners are going to be a set of locking planet waves units with built in string trimmers. My brother bought me a set of them a while back for a present, as he read they were designed by Ned Steinberger, and knew that I was a fan. I didn't have a guitar to install them on, but I kept them for a build.

DV016_Jpg_Large_361450.375_chrome.jpg

The tuners are going to be a set of locking planet waves units with built in string trimmers. My brother bought me a set of them a while back for a present, as he read they were designed by Ned Steinberger, and knew that I was a fan. I didn't have a guitar to install them on, but I kept them for a build.

DV016_Jpg_Large_361450.375_chrome.jpg

Great looking neck!

Just a word on the Planets waves. I had the same tuners and I loved them with one exception, if you dont pull the high E very tight befoe locking the tuner it can wrap around post a full revolution and then the trimmer will cut the string off. It was just something to be aware off. Great tuners otherwise.

Great looking neck!

Just a word on the Planets waves. I had the same tuners and I loved them with one exception, if you dont pull the high E very tight befoe locking the tuner it can wrap around post a full revolution and then the trimmer will cut the string off. It was just something to be aware off. Great tuners otherwise.

lol. Thanks for the tip. That sounds funny, but really annoying too. I can imagine that happening and trying to figure out what the hell just happened. Then I would get angry and call Planet Waves and ask why the stupid tuners would trim the strings after I tuned them up, and how that was any sort of advantage.

I hope this neck plays as well as my other warmoth strat necks. I'm pretty keen to get it here and get it on the guitar.

Last edited:
Great looking neck!

I was thinking about giving those a shot on my Strat.

I can celebrate the birth of our nation by bolting up a nice slab of birdseye, like our founding fathers intended.

Back