GPOTD 6.13.12

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
ibanez-jem70V.jpeg

Built to the performance requirements of Steve Vai
Incredible performance is the reason Steve Vai continues to play his Ibanez signature models on tour and in the studio, and the Steve Vai JEM70V doesn't disappoint. The solid basswood body and five-piece Wizard III neck give you sustain that won't quit, and a lively response for excellent note-to-note definition. The JEM70V has the rich, warm tone needed for sultry rhythm work, and you can switch to a full-on biting midrange attack for lead work without missing a beat. It's truly musically versatile, just like Steve Vai.

Effortless playability, with the fastest-playing neck in the business
One of Ibanez's fastest necks to date, the 5-piece maple and walnut Wizard III neck on the Steve Vai JEM70V is an absolute pleasure to play. This slim and super-comfortable neck lets you pull off lighting-fast runs and arpeggios with ease, but still gives you the substance you need for fretting chords when you need to. From the first time you put your hands on the JEM70V's Wizard III neck, you'll know you've got a guitar that was built with performance in mind.

Edge tremolo for precise tuning stability
The JEM70V's Edge tremolo was designed by Ibanez to give you the fast tremolo response and snap you need to pull off sharp bends and flutters. The extreme stability of this knife-edge-style trem's stud lock function is also one of the many reasons its a favorite among many of today's top shredders. And thanks to the Lion's Claw tremolo cavity, you can bend notes to radical extremes and back again with incredible precision.

Ibanez Steve Vai JEM70V Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
Designed in collaboration with Steve Vai for a sonically versatile guitar that performs like a pro
Color: Sea Foam Green
Wizard III neck plays incredibly fast, perfect for frantic fretwork
Dual DiMarzio humbuckers and a DiMarzio single-coil with attitude, chosen specifically by Steve Vai for tonal flexibility
Built-in "Monkey Grip" handle - a mainstay on Steve Vai's guitars

Break the speed barrier in style with the Ibanez Steve Vai JEM70V solidbody electric guitar!
Specification Detail
Body Material Basswood
Top Material Not Applicable
Color Sea Foam Green
Neck Material 5-pc Maple/Walnut
Neck Shape JEM Prestige
Scale Length 25.5"
Fingerboard Material Rosewood
Fingerboard Inlay Tree of Life
Number of Frets 24
Nut Width 1.69"
Bridge/Tailpiece Edge Vibrato
Tuners Chrome Tuners
Number of Pickups 3
Neck Pickup DiMarzio Evolution DP158 Humbucker
Middle Pickup DiMarzio Evolution DPS1 Single-coil
Bridge Pickup DiMarzio Evolution DP159 Humbucker
Controls Master Volume, Master Tone, 5-way Pickup Selector
Case Included Hard Case Included
Manufacturer Part Number JEM70VSFG

$1399

I've seen more of those than most will in a life time. They do nothing for me, but I can understand why other love them.

Sure. That one isn't even God-Awful ugly.

I'd give it a spin, though it probably wouldn't be my first choice in a super-strat.

is there some sort of secret Ibanez Jem repository in Grand Rapids? :confused:

No, Ken collects them. I think he has around 35. His are mostly from the 80's. The stranger and uglier the finish the better. Chartreuse, pink, rubber covered, flowers ect.

Steve Vai said:
The frequency of the color resonates with the creamy tone of the guitar

from the Sweetwater catalog that I received yesterday with a one page add for this guitar.

from the Sweetwater catalog that I received yesterday with a one page add for this guitar.

i got that damn thing yesterday too. looked at it for 3 minutes and threw it out. i told them not to send me catalogs 3 years ago, that it wasn't worth the wasted paper, and they still do. looks like i won't be buying anything from Sweetwater in 2012.

It's like a phone book. And just like the phone book I forget about it and look online for what I need anyway.

I wish he'd get ride of that damn Tree of Life inlay, because otherwise I really like it. If it had the disappearing pyramid ones I'd hit it.

It's like a phone book. And just like the phone book I forget about it and look online for what I need anyway.

i bought two packs of strings from them 3 years ago and told them not to send me catalogs. they've spent more on me sending catalogs than they've made from me in profit. makes no sense.

i bought two packs of strings from them 3 years ago and told them not to send me catalogs. they've spent more on me sending catalogs than they've made from me in profit. makes no sense.

lol.

I'm just not a fan of the "sales engineers" calling me.

lol.

I asked them not to... haven't called me since unless I call them first. My guy (Loop Quantum) from HC has gotten me some pretty good deals over the past few years... saved me a couple of hundred off buying elsewhere, plus Sweetwater shipments normally get here the next day if I order in the morning.

lol.

they're inside salespeople, not customer service reps. as an inside salesperson, i completely understand why they call. and i also understand why people don't like it. i've gotten exactly one additional phone call from them over the three years. i told them not to call again. the rep listened to that. still get wasteful catalogs though.

Back