Weekend Wrapup

Friday - Not much....

Saturday - Up early for a run. Ran a bunch or errands and did a bunch of yard work. And I still have a lot to do. Had a gig in the evening which I posted a separate thread on - Prages and Mrs P were at the gig. Very cool! Them being there - the gig was just OK.

Sunday - Church early, then we went to a grad party. I fixed a couple of torn window screens at the house then grilled some cheap steaks for dinner. They tasted like cheap steaks.

Monday - Drove #2 son back up to Casper WY for the summer and then came back. 300 miles each way. I grilled some ribs for dinner.

Nice.

Some stuff around the house.
Watched grandson's soccer game on Saturday.
A cruise in the NewYorker on Saturday night.
Pulled my summer tires out of storage but didn't get them on yet.
Started putting my new used guitar back together. Can't find my auto gauge feelers.
Started working on my second commissioned pedal. A WAHLTER.
Got the pool chemicals balanced.

Made an IKEA run on Friday night. I was exhausted and in a pretty foul mood before we even started shopping. At one point I cussed out a little boy because he had the temerity to throw some rubber gloves in my shopping cart. Almost got into a fight with his dad. Not my proudest moment, although I'm pretty sure I could have kicked his ass; he couldn't have been more than five.

Anyhow, much of the weekend was spent assembling furniture. Toward the end, I became so adept at assembling the stuff, I hardly glanced at the directions.

Also managed to eke out some time to play a little guitar. Broke out an old song that I wrote awhile back but abandoned because I thought it wasn't going anywhere. This time I kicked up the tempo, threw out some of the clunky lyrics, and changed the melody of the bridge -- it's working out quite nicely now.

Friday evening, dinner with Dad, who is in town. Watched the NJ Devils take the NY Rangers.

Saturday was lazy and relaxed. Watched a few MLB games

Sunday at the greyhound races. Down about $45-$50. Just couldn't get a good line on the dogs. We usually do much better. Fun all the same.

Memorial Day was lazy part 2, but with some house work thrown in. Watched the first 6 Band of Brothers episodes, which I've always somehow missed in the past.

Thursday -- (one of) my brother and his family fly in for NC to spend the weekend. Much drink is imbibed.

Friday -- the party we had planned for my folks' 50th anniversary happens Friday night. Lots of extended family and friends, lots of drink imbibed.

Saturday -- Post-anniversary BBQ in my backyard for my immediate family. Beautiful weather, great food, lots of drink imbibed.

Sunday -- My brother, our kids, and I head over to West Point (he is a West Point grad) to show the kids the campus. It's pretty cool if you've never been and like military/American history. We come home and chill until going out to dinner. Much drink imbibed.

Monday -- My brother and his family split for the airport. My family chills for the day. Good thing, too, as my "check liver" light went on.

Saturday- My parents had a birthday party foe me at their house. Went to the Village Idiot for the Polka Floyd Show
Sunday- worked on the pool, helped a friend with his pool. Grilled on the deck consumed adult beverages
Monday- Played golf in 97 degree heat. sweated, played poorly, was miserable

Fri and Sat I was at Disney with the kids. It was not as crowded as I thought it would be, but it was hot.

Sun- got home and found out my good friend's dad finally lost his fight with cancer. He was a great guy, retired captain from the Navy, a guy I really respected. Then we had a tropical storm roll through town.

I was mostly on baby duty this weekend. It was nice. Did a little reading, got some sleepy-time drapes hung in the baby room, that was about it. Didn't spend any time with the Clydes, but it probably would have been an effort in futility anyway as the afternoons came up pretty windy.

went to the space art exhibit at the Park Avenue Armory. cool old building full of Civil War era paintings of Generals. the art exhibit itself was very post-modern decay. i dug it.

saw the Mets play yesterday. they lost, but it was a good game.

The weekend was mostly spent travelling. We were on vacation all last week, and I'll start a thread for that once I have pics and videos edited and uploaded.

As for the actual weekend...

Friday morning we broke camp in Moab, loaded the rental car and started driving east toward Rocky Mountain National Park.

Got to the park mid afternoon and Trail Ridge Road was closed just past the continental divide because they'd had a snow storm in the higher elevations. Saw a bunch of elk, some moose, and a porcupine. Made camp at a place called Winding River which is right at the entrance of the park. Drove into Grand Lake for dinner. Froze our asses off in the tent that night, but still managed some sleep.

Saturday morning we broke camp and loaded up the car. They opened Trail Ridge Road at about 9:embarrassed:0 am, so we drove through Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park to Estes Park, stopping at the Alpine Visitors Center and taking a ton of pictures along the way.

Once we were out of the park, we drove to Denver and checked into the Holiday Inn near the airport at about 3:embarrassed:0 pm. Showered and took a nap for a few hours. Then we went to downtown Denver and walked through the 16th Street Mall, which was a madhouse. Had dinner at Tokyo Joes, then drove to Arvada for DenverDave's gig. Stayed for about two sets. I sat in with the band for a couple of songs, then we went back to the hotel and slept for a few hours.

Sunday we got up at 5:embarrassed:0 and packed up and headed to the airport. Turned in the rental car, took a shuttle to the airport, and got through security at about 7:15. Flight boarded at 8:30. Took off at 9:embarrassed:0. We lost two hours on the flight, so we ended up landing in Atlanta at about 2:embarrassed:0 EST. Our flight out of Atlanta got delayed by about 2 hours, so it was around 6:embarrassed:0 by the time we landed in Charleston, then about 7:embarrassed:0 by the time we got home. Chilled out for the rest of the evening.

Monday we got up and unpacked the car, then went into town to get groceries. My parents, grandma, and sister came to the house for a hot dog dinner. They left around 7:embarrassed:0 then we watched a couple of episodes of Eureka that we'd DVR'd. Then to bed around 10:embarrassed:0.

5:embarrassed:0 came too early this morning, and it sucks being back at work.

Sometime this week I should have a ton of pictures and videos of the vacation to share.

Well, the food wasn't bad, but the place was chock full of hipster douchebags. I mean, chock full.

Slept in, napped, hiked, BBQed with a bunch of friends, drank, watched cartoons/home improvement shows/Neverending Story with the fam.

Friday - Taught make-up lessons. Came home and met the lead singer and rhythm guitarist in our band, so we could record some of his basic tracks. We also snagged dinner at Cracker Barrel and I got out waitresses number. Cute, blonde, and plays drums? Yes please! :embarrassed:

Saturday - Singer/Guitarist and I went shopping for motorcycles. I actually got to ride one at this place way out in Middletown and I did pretty well. I didn't fall off or hit anything. :embarrassed: After that we grabbed lunch at Izzy's where I had a delicious Reuben, then we came back to my house to track more guitar and a little bit of bass. I had to restring my bass, which has a Kahler, and it was a bit tricky. After he left I went to my dad's for dinner, where we had burgers and pasta salad.

Sunday - More horror movies, a little bit of Skyrim, and cleaned up the kitchen/did laundry.

Monday - Waited around to hear about my grandfather. Played a bit of Skyrim. My buddy Luigi came out and we recorded my lapsteel running through his modular synth and got some insane noises, especially when I used the Ebow. :embarrassed: I ate some dinner and then around 8:embarrassed:0 headed to my friend Dave & Kate's house. We got all setup for D&D, with me DM-ing. Or original group was meeting EOW, but that DM's wife was pissed about him staying out late and I'm stepping into his shoes most sessions. He'll still be able to play occasionally, so everyone has two sets of characters for the different campaigns.

Friday - Practiced and layed low looking for new ideas to go out and play more acoustic gigs.

Saturday - Edited some music and got some much needed sleep and a short bike ride

Sunday - Got in a 10 mile bike ride in the morning (trying let the problem muscles heal in my right leg). Went to an afternoon blues jam at the BBQ Roadhouse in Tustin. Great pulled pork sammich I had!

560400_3850526575409_1045567656_33488121_632336705_n.jpg

Monday - Layed low with a bad headache. When it got better I cleaned up some crap in the house. Got caught up watching Storage Wars while working in the house. Later that evening the family went out for dinner. Also worked on a few more tunes.

Well, the food wasn't bad, but the place was chock full of hipster douchebags. I mean, chock full.

Well - it is the middle of downtown and it was the Denver Day of Rock with many local hipster bands playing so I guess they were drawn there. Since I am about as un-hip as it comes I generally avoid hipster stuff...

Got back safely from Boston... 13 hour straight through.... Pulled in at 1:30 Thurs morn... Kissed the ground....there's no place like home :wink:

Weekend was relaxing after the crowd went home on sat.... Got some recordings going so that made up for everything :)

Saturday - Stuff around the apartment.

Sunday - Grand Prix of Monaco - Indy 500 - Coca Cola 600.

Monday - Band of Brothers.

Basically i was a lazy ass.

:grin:

Back