Tell me why I should not get a Big Muff.

BB123

Monkey With Tools
I've been wanting one for a while now, and I just got paid so I have the extra cash to do so. I'm looking for something kinda like this:

And maybe some even :jimi:

So tell me why I shouldn't get one.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you gotta' have it, well, get it! The price makes it a good buy.

But there are so many fuzz pedals out there...
The Analog Alien FuzzBubble-45 gets my attention.

The price is the main thing that attracts me to it. Don't wanna spend much more than that. :tongue:

If you gotta' have it, well, get it! The price makes it a good buy.

But there are so many fuzz pedals out there...
The Analog Alien FuzzBubble-45 gets my attention.

that's a Supafuzz and a fuzzface. not a big muff.

i like the Mojo Hand Colossus. it's a big muff with a mids control, and it really runs the gamut of muff tones.

I've been wanting one for a while now, and I just got paid so I have the extra cash to do so. I'm looking for something kinda like this:

And maybe some even :jimi:

So tell me why I shouldn't get one.

You sir, have great taste in music. That's probably my favorite Black Keys song. :thu:

I know Dan uses a Big Muff in his rig. (I think it's the russian version or something.) Here's his rig rundown.

[video=youtube_share;aAt70OcyTN4]http://youtu.be/aAt70OcyTN4[/video]

That being said, I have no clue if he used a Big Muff on that actual song, because that fuzz sound is pretty raunchy. It sounds closer to something like this.

It's got that dyeing battery sound to me. Dan's also got a Nu-Fuzz and a Companion fuzz in there, and I have no clue what the heck those things do. idn_smilie

Personally, I think you're on the right track with a Big Muff. Especially if you want to cop some :jimi: tones and other stuff. :cool:

Sex changes are expensive and a massive pain in the ass. Don't get one unless you need one.

And now I see this in the spam thread on HC :embarrassed: I don't have an OD, and supposedly this can sound close to one. The main thing I fear with fuzz is how much I would actually use it. If I got one more versatile like that, it might be more useful :shrug:
FAB.jpg

Tbh anything I get will be a crapshoot, videos online can really tell me so much. I'll probably just settle on one and hope I like it :embarrassed: I'm a pedal noob, so i've got some learning to do before I know exactly what I want.

Tbh anything I get will be a crapshoot, videos online can really tell me so much. I'll probably just settle on one and hope I like it :embarrassed: I'm a pedal noob, so i've got some learning to do before I know exactly what I want.

why not go try some first? there are big differences in the basic circuits and at least you'd be able to identify what you're looking for.

Live in a very rural place, not many shops around here. And those don't stock much, really.

I went through the spam thread again and found a Way Huge Swollen Pickle for 85, and Earthquaker Dream Crusher for 105. :embarrassed: I believe I have seen some posts about the Pickle on here, and the Dream Crusher sounds pretty good from this:

Also, thanks for the advice so far, I know I don't sound like I know what I want, cause I really don't. :lol:

Yep, the Way Huge Swollen Pickle is a worthy pedal. 85 is a sweet deal.
I have no experience with the Dream Crusher.

Emailed the guy about the Swollen Pickle. 85 is not including shipping and he's in Canada I think, so i'll have to see how much it'll be if the pics look good.

Back