One Week From Tonight...

Coda

Not John Watt
...I give my last lesson to my last remaining student. Over the last 4 years, I have had a total of 12 students, with only 4 at one time. Tonight, I was told that I would be paid next week my normal pay, and be given one lessons worth severance...

...looks like I'll be off job hunting in the near future...

Start teaching from your home?

You could write off part of your residential expenses that way too.

Start teaching from your home?

...I already taught "on delivery"...for the lowest price around, $15 per half hour. I really dont want to teach guitar anymore. Because Im rubbish at it. No one ever taught me guitar, I learned myself, so I have no idea how to teach someone. I started at a different place with each one of my students, and really only had one that was any good, and that was natural. It only have me $15 a week. My various yardwork jobs around the neighborhood will help for now, but I do need something a bit more...steady...especially something to keep me busy until school starts in the fall...

...effin summer break...

...I already taught "on delivery"...for the lowest price around, $15 per half hour. I really dont want to teach guitar anymore. Because Im rubbish at it. No one ever taught me guitar, I learned myself, so I have no idea how to teach someone. I started at a different place with each one of my students, and really only had one that was any good, and that was natural. It only have me $15 a week. My various yardwork jobs around the neighborhood will help for now, but I do need something a bit more...steady...especially something to keep me busy until school starts in the fall...

...effin summer break...

have you considered an internship?

...Ive thought about it. I also thought about going to see my adviser at school (who also happens to be the Dean of Humanities), and ask if there was any position there available...

go work at Home Depot or something. just get a job.

That's what I'd do.

Believe me, enjoy your summer because you'll have plenty more summers when you are older that you will look back and say "why the F didn't I enjoy my summers when I actually had the opportunity?"

...I put apps in at Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Hobby Lobby and Staples two weeks ago, believe me, I am looking...

Believe me, enjoy your summer because you'll have plenty more summers when you are older that you will look back and say "why the F didn't I enjoy my summers when I actually had the opportunity?"

...I have never enjoyed summer. I hate summer weather. I like it cool and crisp. I always spent summer hibernating during the day. I just would rather go to school all year round. I want to. I just have to spend summer in self study...

careful, you'll go blind.

...clever. I actually have reading to do for a class this fall. Its an independent study, Civil War and Reconstruction. The professor told me to read as much as I could by an author named Bruce Catton. Ive read one of the books (which was really three of his books assembled in a single anthology), and am now reading "The Great Republic", by Winston Churchill. A very good read too...in addition to that, I am studying the writings and letters of Thomas Jefferson...so yea, self study...

...clever. I actually have reading to do for a class this fall. Its an independent study, Civil War and Reconstruction. The professor told me to read as much as I could by an author named Bruce Catton. Ive read one of the books (which was really three of his books assembled in a single anthology), and am now reading "The Great Republic", by Winston Churchill. A very good read too...in addition to that, I am studying the writings and letters of Thomas Jefferson...so yea, self study...

you should go to the local park and read Churchill aloud to everyone who comes near. wild gesticulation is preferred, but not required.

you should go to the local park and read Churchill aloud to everyone who comes near. wild gesticulation is preferred, but not required.

...that would interfere with my going door to door, dressed as James Madison, lecturing on the War of 1812 while playing my uke...perhaps I could combine the two into a puppet show of some sort...

...that would interfere with my going door to door, dressed as James Madison, lecturing on the War of 1812 while playing my uke...perhaps I could combine the two into a puppet show of some sort...

too long. one or the other. keep it simple.

See, now people would pay to see that shit.

Good luck. We're all counting on you.

I think for making money, the honorable Lou Reed has some advice:

Little Joe never once gave it away
Everybody had to pay and pay
A hustle here and a hustle there
New York City's the place where they said, Hey babe
Take a walk on the wild side
I said, Hey Joe
Take a walk on the wild side

Back