My dinner on Saturday night....Antelope steak!

Coralkong

Alien
My wife and I went out for a ride on Saturday afternoon and ended up eating at the 1786 Inn in North Conway, NH.
We had eaten there before about 6 years ago when we came up here for vacation.
I remembered it was EXCELLENT. One of the best meals I had ever had.

So, obviously, we were pretty psyched to revisit and try it again.

My dinner.

Got there early (at 4:15pm), so we had to hang out in the bar until dinner started at 5pm.

Had 2 Tuckerman's Pale Ales (Local micro-brew).
Mrs. Kong had a homemade Blueberry Stoli cosmo. Tasty.

Got seated at 4:45pm.

Appetizer:
1 scallop and 1 scallop/lobster sausage (formed into the shape of a scallop).

Pallette cleanser:
Pear sorbet with cinnamon.

Main Dish:
Anetelope sirloin with a sweet potatoe hash brown pancake, served with sauteed onions and sliced shitake mushrooms.
Side of asparagus.

Dessert:
Bittersweet white chocolate with an orange glaze.

Dude, it was absolutely AWESOME!

Mmmmmmm
drool2.gif

I've had an elk burger once, and it was pretty damn good. Not anything like your steak, I'm sure.

Sounds awesome.

I've yet to find anything in steak form that I didn't like and that includes camel, ostrich and kangaroo.

I've had ostrich steaks, various forms of venison, and multiple South African buck jerky. But no antelope steak. I will have keep an eye out for that. :thu:

I've never had antelope steak before. I'll have to look around for some. We get the usual 'exotic' meat in restaurants around here, plus a few 'local' items that I've not seen elsewhere (Key deer, alligator, swamp boar), but never antelope.

Kudos to the chef for making antelope taste good. I've tried it every way I know of...steak, roast, jerky, summer sausage...you name it.
Fried, broiled, bbq'd... none of it tasted good to me.
The rest of the meal sounds delicious!

My favorite meat (for bbq or broil) is beefalo.

Kudos to the chef for making antelope taste good. I've tried it every way I know of...steak, roast, jerky, summer sausage...you name it.
Fried, broiled, bbq'd... none of it tasted good to me.
The rest of the meal sounds delicious!

My favorite meat (for bbq or broil) is beefalo.

Yes, I was told when I ordered it that the chef would ONLY cook it rare or med-rare, tops, due to how lean it was.

I said "Tell him, Chef's choice".

I chose wisely.

Yes, I was told when I ordered it that the chef would ONLY cook it rare or med-rare, tops, due to how lean it was.

I said "Tell him, Chef's choice".

I chose wisely.

Same with most game...elk, deer, etc... When you bbq any of it, you should have a spray bottle of water handy (with a tiny bit of garlic salt in it) to keep it moist while it's cookin'.

After reading thru this thread, I took a couple of elk steaks outta the freezer. 65 degrees outside right now...bbq weather! :)

Back