Nickleback sound with pedals

Eng13Capt

Over The Top
I am still real new to the guitar world and am just now getting into pedals. What pedal and brand or pedal combinations does anyone suggest to get that killer sound of nickelback? Thanks

What gear do you already have?

This.

And, I thought their sound was mostly PRS guitars and Mesa-Boogie amps. Which, on a budget, just means a guitar with a humbucker at the bridge and something like a Line 6 Spider modelling amp on the "metal" setting will get you in the ballpark. I wouldn't have thought that a specific pedal was necessary to get this sound.

If you have only started playing fairly recently, I wouldn't waste your money on a pedal. Use the money to make sure your guitar is well set up if you can't do it yourself, and invest in lessons.

You only need a guitar you like playing and a small practice amp with clean and distortion sounds that appeal to you. Most of the modelling practice amps come with tons of effects built in so you can experiment and see what you like before maybe upgrading to a "better" amp with individual effects pedals. Check out Line 6, Marshall, Vox, Peavey, Roland..they all make amps like this and they're all more than good enough for what it sounds like you want to do.

Last edited:
:grin: That "sound" is the sound of a very processed guitar... lots of chorus, it seems... a bit of delay between left and right channel for a big sound...

This.

And, I thought their sound was mostly PRS guitars and Mesa-Boogie amps. Which, on a budget, just means a guitar with a humbucker at the bridge and something like a Line 6 Spider modelling amp on the "metal" setting will get you in the ballpark. I wouldn't have thought that a specific pedal was necessary to get this sound.

If you have only started playing fairly recently, I wouldn't waste your money on a pedal. Use the money to make sure your guitar is well set up if you can't do it yourself, and invest in lessons.

You only need a guitar you like playing and a small practice amp with clean and distortion sounds that appeal to you. Most of the modelling practice amps come with tons of effects built in so you can experiment and see what you like before maybe upgrading to a "better" amp with individual effects pedals. Check out Line 6, Marshall, Vox, Peavey, Roland..they all make amps like this and they're all more than good enough for what it sounds like you want to do.

I'd agree with this.

Thanks guys for the great input. I got the sound down "Ok" I guess, but just love there music and want to refine it a bit. There is some good advice here, will try messing around a bit more. If you haven't heard of Nickelback Chad get on youtube and listen to a couple of songs. If your into modern rock you will dig there sound. I love my 60's through modern rock, but must say they are my favorite band.

Oh, and as far as gear goes I got a ESP ED-100 guitar with fender princton amp and thats it. Just started playing in November for a college class and love it! Granted I am 35 years old with 4 daughters and not even close to a teenager, but its never to late to pick up a new hobby! I have found music is one of the best stress vents. After a long hard day at work seeing the worst things happen to good people on a daily basis, its great to sit back with your family and just strum away.

Oh, and as far as gear goes I got a ESP ED-100 guitar with fender princton amp and thats it. Just started playing in November for a college class and love it! Granted I am 35 years old with 4 daughters and not even close to a teenager, but its never to late to pick up a new hobby! I have found music is one of the best stress vents. After a long hard day at work seeing the worst things happen to good people on a daily basis, its great to sit back with your family and just strum away.

Right on! Never to late to pick it up...

good stuff. Even though I play guitar for "work" I still like to come home and play at night.

4 daughters, I feel for you man. I only have 2 and I can't keep up with them. This place is a good place to hang and there is a ton of talent here, of all levels. Welcome aboard.

Look for a used mesa vtwin or one of these:
http://amtelectronicsusa.com/productpager1.html

Thats the beauty of music I guess, we all don't have to agree on it, but we can choose to not comment.

Does wank count?

Yes, and so does being pwned by a teenager at GC on a regular basis. Welcome to the board Eng13. I think there are only 4 prerequisites to truly enjoying this place. First, we are all here to encourage you with your musical interests. Ball busting aside, we like getting people over their musical 'humps' and love hearing what works good. Second, third and fourth (in no particular order) is that you have eaten a habanero, partake of Buffalo Trace whiskey on a regular basis and share your own ideas. If you have a minimum of one of these in you, you may find freinds for life here.

Back