Well, this blows goats.

OGG

Master of the Meh
I should be up in Utah right now enjoying 10 awesome days at a really nice ski resort with the family. But nooooooooooooooooooo...

So, although I thought I had my gastrointestinal issues under control, and since the gall bladder ultrasound was inconclusive, I thought I was home free. I went almost a month without any trouble at all, and then... It came back with a vengeance typically reserved for Bruce Willis movies. I didn't change my routine, didn't change my diet. The only change was doubling the amount of PPI's I was taking on the orders of my Gastroenterologist. It started on Christmas night. I spent the entire night and into the next day in complete, excruciating agony. It's been back and forth since then, but hasn't completely died down at all. I think I've had about 12 hours of sleep in the last 9 days.

There was no way I was going to leave town for 10 days in the condition I'm in. I had to wait to get in to the Doctor as he was out of town. Now, I have an MRI scheduled for Friday and if it reveals what we assume that it will, I should be having my gall bladder yanked within a week.

So much for that non-refundable 10 day resort stay. :facepalm:

Oh, and the new eye drops my Ophthalmologist gave me to control my ocular pressure have made my eyes perpetually bloodshot and feeling like they are fucking fire 24/7, they've also made my vision more blurry and fucked up than an Anton Corbijn action photo... :facepalm: :facepalm:

Fuck me runnin'

Other than all of this though, Christmas was good. How was everybody else' Holiday's?

That sucks. Hopefully the MRI will come back with some news and hopefully getting the gall bladder out will end that issue.

Thanks everybody. I just want what ever this is to be over with once and for all. The whole lack of sleep thing is really getting to me, especially since I refuse to give up on my daily exercise routine... Finding the energy to continue has been a matter of sheer will power. But, I know that I'm probably doing myself more harm than good at this point. I'm pretty much living off of my "Green" smoothies and 0 Calorie Powerade. On the bright side, the whole weight loss thing is really coming along well :grin:

That sucks, best of luck with the MRI. You must be pretty tough to hang in there with all of this going on. Hope it gets better for you soon.

Serious suckage!

I suggest going Jack Bauer/MacGyver by kicking your gall bladder in it's taint.

Mojo. Had my gallbladder out years ago. Had some long term side effects from that, but I am better off without it. Best of luck and feel better.

Back