Tom Harkenriders 5:00pm Monday Blues Guitar Skype Class Sign up Thread

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
387458_10150370864832987_340273957986_8415137_1942480180_n.jpg

This is the place to ask questions about and sign up for Tommy Harkenriders Blues Guitar Skype Class.

The class will be 5pm PST Monday nights starting December 5th - you can find your local time here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...itar+Skype+Class&iso=20111205T17&p1=866&am=30

Each class will have their own private forum in this section of the site where they can get class materials in PDF, mp3 or Guitar Pro formats and it can be used for questions or discussions on that weeks video class between the instructor and students. You can also post recordings of yourself playing the lessons for the instructor to check out. This will be similar to the subscription video classes we also offer in this forum.

Rates for the class are $10 per person per 30 minute class if you pay at the beginning of the month for the whole month. This will also get you a subscription to the class forum. If you just want to attend the classes "one at a time" and not commit to the month the rate is $20 per class and no forum access. I'm trying to work this so that it's an inexpensive way for folks to take the class but not cost me money during time that we can be teaching private students and classes here at Premier Music. Win-win :)

Students will need to register here on the forum for access to their class forums and sign up for the free version of Skype.

The class forum is set up and Subscriptions are available here: http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/payments.php

The class forum is in the MWGL School of Music forum but will only be accessible once you've paid a subscription: http://markweinguitarlessons.com/for...chool-of-Music

We will have a more "verbose" class description soon but Tom will be teaching how to play the guitar in the following styles and feels:

Jump Blues- T-Bone Walker, Pee Wee Crayton, Tiny Grimes, Hollywood Fats and Junior Watson

Lumps (Little Walter, Jimmy Reed Shuffles) Robert Lockwood, Jimmie Rogers, Eddie Taylor

Mambos- Little Milton B.B. King

60's box shuffle- Otis Rush, Magic Sam

Slow blues

Country - Big Bill

Minor - Otis Rush

R&B - Pete Lewis

R&B shuffle - Mickey Baker, Cal Green

2 Beat – in the style of Ike Turner

If you're into Blues, this you gotta take this class. I study with Tommy Tuesday nights. He's a great teacher. Lotsa info, history, hot licks and building blocks to make your own.

I already signed up... I took his online module, and then I won another module on Chicago blues, but was in the process of dealing my dad's death and right in the middle of moving, so I never got to really absorb it...

So, now I am going to actually take organized lessons from real teachers for the first time in my life... Hopefully, it won't mess up my metal wankage... :)

Have a sneak preview....I'm not done with the actual lesson stuff yet but the video is up:

Last edited by a moderator:
we've had a couple questons about moving the time later since more of the folks who are interested are here on the west coast....what say ye?

I'm open to juggling both classes unless you think it might be too much.

I know that's really for me to answer, but I guess I'm looking for a sanity check.

I'm open to juggling both classes unless you think it might be too much.

I know that's really for me to answer, but I guess I'm looking for a sanity check.

:shrug:

My stuff might actually be pretty complimentary to what Tom is doing actually. Depends on your time.

Okay I signed up

Okay I signed up

Now I need to figure out the Skype thing

How will I login to the class next Monday?

Okay I signed up

Now I need to figure out the Skype thing

How will I login to the class next Monday?

:Wave:

Send either Tom or myself your Skype ID and we'll send you a contact request...then just be online when its time for the class. We might be moving the time around a little bit so I'll have Tom contact you directly. If you want to I'm doing a trial of the Skype desktop sharing for a recording class tomorrow at 5:embarrassed:opm and you can use that as a "soundcheck" or dry run of the technology or we can set one up for you at a more convenient time if you want and are not familiar with how SKype works.

I'm in.
It's worth it to try for a month. If I find the two classes are too much for me to handle, I can decide which way to go later on.

Back