Any Chicago members want to meet at Make N Music?

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
I have been with my wife at the University of Chicago hospital and am getting a bit stir crazy.

Going to leave for a while and check out a shop and grab some food (beyond cafeteria food).

Played a few cool guitars but they were too salty for this common man. At ditkas having beer and burger now.

Salty = expensive. Buttheads. :tongue:

Like this:

307550_2054096880552_1488460623_31956712_850877760_n.jpg

Okay... here's the skinny.... You have to be buzzed in at the door...

... then you're greeted by vintage amps, Zematis guitars (the ones with the engraved metal faces that cost a small fortune) and several walls of custom shop fenders, Paul Reed Smiths, and Hubers.

This one is only $4,995.00... but there's no tax and free shipping. :grin:

PrivateStock_SwampAsh_FrontFull.jpg

This one was a cool set...
Fender_Strat_ShepFairey_FrontFull.jpg
Fender_Tele_ShepFairey_FrontFull.jpg

There was a sold tag on the strat, and the tele was only $15,995... I mean, it sucks... for only $32,000 I could have had the set, but since one was sold I mean... why bother. :messedup:

If you need a break and want to check out another cool guitar shop in Chicago, go to Chicago Music Exchange. It's about a block SE of the Paulina Brown Line stop. They have a huge selection of everything from Squiers to $25k vintage Gibsons. There are some nice restaurants nearby also.

If I knew earlier that you needed a break, I would have been happy to meet you. However I had a ska class today so I was more than a bit busy. Feel free to PM me if you will be here for a few more days and need a break. I can always be coaxed into having a burger and a beer. I just need a bit of advance warning so we can make arrangements.

PunKitty... thank you, I didn't see that until this morning. I think im leaving for a few days to get some work done. Ill let you know if im wandering chicago again.

Back