Hmm... I may have come up with the suit for the new superman movie a few years ago.

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
Here's a pic from the set of the new Superman movie...

capeless3.png

Back when the Brandon Routh Superman Returns movie was coming out, there were plenty of people who HATED this suit....

brandon-routh-superman.jpg

... so I did a few dozen different photoshops of the suit.... ranging from subtle tweaking of the colors, shield size, etc... to a remake of the vintage throwback costume from the Action Comics cover... to this potential "Modern Superman" suit.

supermanreturns7.jpg

Interesting.

Last edited:
Some of the details I pointed out back then was I hated the round neck line... Superman should have a straight line across the collar bones... with the cape almost flowing from the top edges of the shield.

I thought the darker blue would look dramatic and really set off the red of the cape (Routh's was almost burgundy).... and of course I was trying to create a chiselled belt line and eliminate the red trunks.

I bulked up his torso in the pic as well.

obviously the title should have been surrounded in sarcasm quotes, but I do think the new suit is somewhat interesting.

I know.... I think I like the IDEA of a Superman movie better than whatever they end up making. :facepalm:

Avengers is going to Kick Ass though. :baimun:

I actually didn't mind that last Superman flick.
it wasn't stellar, but it was an okay way to kill a couple hours.

same for the Spidey flicks, actually.
the great supporting cast really helped those, though.
that guy playing JJJ is friggin' awesome.
and Church as Sandman was brilliant casting.
nice to see they had one bad guy they didn't fuck up royally.
Ock was good too.

we shall not speak of the Goblins nor Venom, however...

I scoff at your so-called Superman!
145808340_5944ed42f4.jpg

Besides, new super heros need nipples! :facepalm:
batman_george_clooney.jpg

Clooney > Keaton
West > all other Batmen combined

actually, it goes like so:
West > Bale > Clooney > Keaton > Kilmer

they'd have been better off choosing me to play Batman instead of Kilmer.
or Keaton, for that matter.

Some of the details I pointed out back then was I hated the round neck line... Superman should have a straight line across the collar bones... with the cape almost flowing from the top edges of the shield.

I thought the darker blue would look dramatic and really set off the red of the cape (Routh's was almost burgundy).... and of course I was trying to create a chiselled belt line and eliminate the red trunks.

I bulked up his torso in the pic as well.
You have way too much time on your hands. Perhaps you should spend your time doing something more productive. Like composing songs for the Jamaican tourism board. :helper:

And can someone explain to me exactly how Superman is so buff? The guy lifts buses with one hand - what's he going to lift that actually is heavy enough to build muscle? Mars?

And can someone explain to me exactly how Superman is so buff? The guy lifts buses with one hand - what's he going to lift that actually is heavy enough to build muscle? Mars?

Ever since he got the internet and discovered pron, he has really gotten developed...

You have way too much time on your hands. Perhaps you should spend your time doing something more productive. Like composing songs for the Jamaican tourism board. :helper:

I plugged in my mixer the other night... plugged in the Mic.... and then realized that since I last reformatted my machine and reinstalled Win7 I have no recording software installed.... zero. :annoyed:

Clooney > Keaton
West > all other Batmen combined

actually, it goes like so:
West > Bale > Clooney > Keaton > Kilmer

they'd have been better off choosing me to play Batman instead of Kilmer.
or Keaton, for that matter.

Sorry - I thought the Clooney flick was the worst Batman ever made.

Superman should just be laid to rest.

Back