I just answered the phone here at the pffice, I asked who it was, and he says

To make it even better, I called out to the boss, "Hey ____, it's a Harry Johnson for you".

A friend of mine left me a message that I needed to call a "Dr. Craven Morehead". The secretary must have had poor hearing. She also had bad handwriting. I called the given number and asked for Calvin Moreford. I finally got the joke. Later.

Except this wasnt a joke :embarrassed: Dude's name really is Harry Johnson. Worst name I've ever personally come across was "Colin Butt".

We have the occasional "user name of the day" contest at work. My favorite entry was Kamal Butt.
The help desk manager is Mary Butts.

An engineer at NASA was named Dick Reed. It was difficult to not accidentally call him Dick Weed.

A quality control guy there was names Prime Tingle. No shit! He was a really nice guy. Sadly, a drunk driver killed him when he was changing a flat on the side of the road.

Last edited:
In one of the hospitals I worked in, the dishwashers name was Michael Hunt. Everyone called him Mike. Poor soul was overhead paged often within the facility.

I had a grilfriend who's name was Laura Swallow. She was a Seaman in the Navy. Her first few years as Seamen Swallow were pretty terrible.

Back when I worked in the hotel biz, we had lots of great names checking in.

Best day was when Kitty Chow and Iza Ho checked in on the same day.

That reminds me of the first time I ordered pizza at one of my old houses. The order taker asked for my address and I said 420 Jefferson Dr. I then hear "huh huh 420"

Huh huh. He said "Johnson"

beavis-and-butt-head.jpg

Back