Mojo Request Horse accident at the ranch.

Punchy

Slacker Supreme
One of our friends who boards her horse with us had a pretty bad accident today. I don't know the details, as I wasn't here when it happened, but she took an ambulance ride to the hospital and she's got a fractured skull and they think a cracked pelvis.

So that's fun. Any happy healy thoughts you could send her way would be much appreciated.

Mojo...never had a cracked skull.

Doesn't sound like a good time, though...nor a broken pelvis.

My aunt-in-law had a brain anurism yesterday......need some mojo our way, too, but I guess that is a different thread.

Sorry to hear about the horse-throwing incident.

My wife is a "horse-person", grew up riding bareback on them...playing cowboys and indians. Real redneck territory.
My wife can actually ride upside-down on a horse (well, at least she claims she used to be able to....). Fuck that.
My philosophy has always been that the horse is perfectly capable of killing you if it wants to, and this city-boy don't play that.

Mojo, dude.

Thanks, folks, it's much appreciated. Learned a little bit more. . . she was just out for a trail ride, and instead of going around a fallen tree, her horse jumped over it. Going downhill. She went over the front, pulled a couple of somersaults, and landed on the asphalt bike trail below. Skull fractured in two places, and she just got moved from trauma to ICU. They're going to keep an eye on her overnight.

Wasn't a mean or spooky move by the horse, just a misunderstanding. Happens to the best of them.

I rode horses a lot as a kid, but I try and stick to safe hobbies, such as dirt bike riding my on my 450... Mojo to your friend...

Well, Kel hung out with her at the hospital till about 9:embarrassed:0 last night. Sounds like she's going to be fine, but it'll just take some time to heal up. They're expecting to release her today.

Coralkong, mojo for your aunt. Brain stuff is always scary :(

Back