The "Recording fest for guys who have done this before"

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
You know who your are!

Same deal as the other one, but it just has to be something recorded for this particular event...cover song or original...it doesn't matter.

We'll have the reveal on Wednesday, April 1st so just have them in before then!

So, I'm not allowed to use an entry for 'the other one' for this one? :embarrassed:

Maybe this would be a good time to work on that Boston cover you guys suggested a month or so back. :cool:

Bull.

It's all smoke an mirrors. I'm really good at polishing my turds in the studio. :embarrassed:

I'm a mediocre player at best, I SUCK at learning anything by ear, cant solo worth a darn, etc.

I AM gonna try to get something together for this but I only have my guitarport and reaper. My guitarport is pretty capable, but I am still utterly confused by it, and I havent made any progress with reaper.

Bah.

So, I'm not allowed to use an entry for 'the other one' for this one? :embarrassed:

Maybe this would be a good time to work on that Boston cover you guys suggested a month or so back. :cool:

Yeah, that would be cool. After you mentioned it, i listened a bit more carefully to that bass line. Wow.

:facepalm:

I just saw the other thread. I thought you were calling Coverfest 'the other one'. :facepalm:

biggrin

I just want to have one "fest" for the guys who are just getting started with their recording gear and need a short term goal for their guitar playing. If You and Dexter and Grits all were throwing recordings into the same pool they probably wouldn't feel very comfortable posting their first attempts.

This will actually be my first project all on my own in a very long time with all new gear, but I'll post mine with the big boys :tongue:

You couldnt pay me to try the 5150 past 5 or so. Seriously, I'm scared of it. :eek:

An old high school friend of mine has one, and I've probably heard it up around 5 a couple of times. It was deafening.

That said, the JCM 800 I had was the loudest amp I've ever played through. It was literally useless to me because it went from dead quiet to so loud that it blurred your vision and took your breath away from 0 to 1 on the master volume knob. It really didn't get much louder past about 3 or 4, just more 'Marshally'. Unfortunately, by 3 or 4, it was impossible to be in the same room with the amp. I had it for about a year, and it never left my house because if I'd taken it to a gig, we'd have been thrown out by the end of the first song.

You couldnt pay me to try the 5150 past 5 or so. Seriously, I'm scared of it. :eek:

Even my ENGL 50 watter combo has never been past 5 - I'm afraid I'd do some serious damage if I'd attempt that :eek:

I'm contemplating using an original I'm working on btw. We'll see :wink:

I really gotta get a demo of that 5150 together like I said I would. I just dont know what to play.:facepalm:

Back