Maybe someone should host a Suckstock

cfgsteak

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I would be way less intimidated to show up. :embarrassed:

It scares me when guys like Dave seem intimidated to play and guys like Baimun complain about sucking.

Not that I could go to anything this summer...just sayin.

It scares me when guys like Dave seem intimidated to play and guys like Baimun complain about sucking.

Trust me, there are many 'suck' moments scattered throughout the weekend. You just don't realize it until you watch the video.

We played Man in the Box on Saturday night last year and everybody thought it was AWESOME.

Watched the video back on Sunday and baimun, Dave, and I were all like "WTF was that?"

Trust me, there are many 'suck' moments scattered throughout the weekend. You just don't realize it until you watch the video.

We played Man in the Box on Saturday night last year and everybody thought it was AWESOME.

Watched the video back on Sunday and baimun, Dave, and I were all like "WTF was that?"

One of my college bands covered that song. I feel sorry for anyone who has to sing it. Every time we got to the chorus, the singer would belt out "feeeeeeed my eyes..." and you could see the crowd all move back at the same time. Kind of like those clips of people in a movie theater being scared at the same time.

I just don't know that many classic rock songs. Every rehearsal and show with the country band I'm playing with an awesome guitar player (the lead player can bring it....) so I'm used to that. Being in the blues/rock band will help with the lead playing as well. So not really intimidated. Heck, I played bass last year for a good chunk of Friday night and I rarely ever play bass.

Last edited:
I hear ya steak. I definitely suck and would definitely be intimidated but I guess if I were going to play with a bunch of good players, I'd prefer it be this group.

I cant pull off P-Fest or suck fest either.

Plan B is to bring an extra batch of special brownies. Then we could just jam on two chords for hours and it will all sound goooooooooooood.........

Plan C - Make up Carpil tunnel System injury.....

[edit] - syndrome.....Brownies must be working.....

You're making my point for me. :grin:

I would like to hang out with you guys...but no way would I touch a guitar while I was there. :)

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G via Tapatalk.

I would like to hang out with you guys...but no way would I touch a guitar while I was there. :)

:mad:

You really have to be there to understand. The jamming isn't about sounding good. It's about having fun. I'm pretty sure that everybody who has ever showed up (that was a forum member anyway) has played at least a handful of songs. It doesn't matter if you actually know the song or not. The way it usually works is that one person knows the song pretty well, one or two have played it before, and a couple are pretty much just jumping in and trying to keep up. That's the beauty of it. When it works it's magical, even if it sounds like shit.

Oh trust me, i barely know which end of the guitar to hold. There is enough just general farting around that someone like me can fumble along and have fun, then when the guys get their game on, i can sit back and enjoy it.

:mad:

You really have to be there to understand. The jamming isn't about sounding good. It's about having fun. I'm pretty sure that everybody who has ever showed up (that was a forum member anyway) has played at least a handful of songs. It doesn't matter if you actually know the song or not. The way it usually works is that one person knows the song pretty well, one or two have played it before, and a couple are pretty much just jumping in and trying to keep up. That's the beauty of it. When it works it's magical, even if it sounds like shit.

That's my impression of Pragestock as well, and I haven't even been to one. Yet. :embarrassed:

And I can guarantee that all of us have sucked many many times. Well most of us - I'm not sure about that micwalt fella. :grin:

Back