GPOTD Guitar Pic Of The Day 4/13/2011

Elias Graves

Common misfit
30U-15459_body-front.jpg

30U-15459_front.jpg

GADOW CLASSIC HOLLOW (2007)
EC+, single cutaway body, candy apple red metal-flake finish, maple capped semi-hollow mahogany body, bolt on satin finished maple neck with maple fingerboard cap, 22 frets, abalone dots at 12th fret only, black side dots, 2 Seymour Duncan soapbar P90 pickups with cream covers, single volume and tone controls with 3-way pickup selector, tune-o-matic style bridge with Bigsby vibrato tailpiece, ebony headstock overlay with silver logo, rosewood backing on headstock with sealed gear tuners, chrome hardware, made in the USA, with OHSC (black lining) (SN:embarrassed:705008 604) . $1,785.00

I would love to see it in a different finish. That red sparkle isn't doing it for me. Other than that, I dig it.

Do Like: Finish, maple fretboard, P90s, Bigsby
Do Not Like: 12th fret inlay only, cream-coloured P90s, strap pin location

Looks like an electric version of a Tacoma Pappose w/ a bigsby & 70s motorcycle helmet sparkle paint job.

Pass

I like P-90s, the body shape, and the maple board.

Everything else makes we want to beat it about the face and neck. :embarrassed:

I've been having fun with it.
Realized pretty quickly that the main ones who chime in are the ones that don't like the guitar, so there's far more negative comments than positive.
Up to now, I've been trying to do out of the ordinary stuff. Everybody knows what a strat looks like.

Oddly enough, the Godin Icon from the other day was almost universally well received.
Maybe beacuse it looks like a Les Paul. ???

EG

I hate it one second and think it's got possibilities the next second. The red sparkle has got to go though.....

Ye old like-o-meter

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
____^___________

Back