GPOTD Guitar Pic Of The Day 4/11/2011

Elias Graves

Common misfit
ae00-27519_1_.jpg

ae00-27519_9_.jpg

ae00-27519_5_.jpg

Tonal versatility at its best! Featuring Seymour Duncan P-Rail pickups which allows the player to select between P90, Humbucker and single-coil sounds all in one guitar.

The Type2 Convertible features a chambered solid mahogany body with carved mahogany top (Natural model) or carved maple top (Sunburst model), mahogany set-neck, 24 3/4" scale, 12" radius, ebony fingerboard with 22 frets, Graphtech ResoMax bridge and the Godin High-Definition Revoicer.

H.D.R. High-Definition Revoicer The H.D.R. revoices and augments the frequency range of each pickup and allows the player to go from passive to active pickups with the simple push of a button.

Th H.D.R. provides extra bite, dynamic response and redefines the character of each pickup. It’s like having 2 sets of pickups in 1 guitar for 5 pure passive tones + 5 pure active tones.

Specs:

Chambered Solid Mahogany Body
Solid Carved Mahogany Top
Set Mahogany Neck
Ergocut Ebony Fretboard
24 3/4" scale
16" radius
22 frets
GraphTech ResoMax bridge
2x Seymour Duncan P-Rail pickups, 3-way toggle switch,
2x mini switches for pickup selection (humbucker/single-coil/P90)
1x volume,
1x tone
1x Godin High-Definition Revoicer
Colors: Natural HG, Sunburst HG
(pickups: cream covers / black rings)
Deluxe Gig bag included

Minimum Advertised Price $1,250

Hmm, not too sure about the whole HDR "revoicer" thing, and the switches placement looks a bit close for comfort to the pots.

Other than those two niggles I'm in.

It looks like it should be a pretty dang nice guitar, and the price is right. I'd have to play one to see how well those pickups actually work, but I like it.

Ye old like-o-meter

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
_________^______

Move the volume knob back about an inch, and I'd give it a go... I've heard mixed reviews about those pickups, some bad, but some quite good...

Back