So I picked up a cheap (read: Free) chorus pedal today...

Kelly

24 Steel Wheels of Shoegaze
Starcaster by Fender brand. this thing kicks major ass. My friend gave it to me, and it retails at a dirt cheap price. It sounds amazing, true bypass*, and it brings teh rock, what more can a girl ask for? The only thing i don't like about it is the paint job (think booger green) but that's an easy fix with a generous application of metal brush and spray paint. The price is right on this one, though. Didn't pay a cent for it, and it's pretty damn good.

*as far as i can tell

Holy shit, i opened it up, it appears to be analog, and all full-sized parts! :eek: No surface-mount crap here!

Nice. I'm a Chorus nut. Pretty much always have at least one Chorus unit running if not two or three (But before the chorus haters start hatin', I use a very low sweep and depth rate to where it's almost imperceptible). One of my favorite Chorus pedals that I still own, is a no name stereo Chorus pedal I got for free for buying 6 packs of GHS strings back in 1986. It was a promo offer where you sent in your 6 string packages and got to choose between one of 4 or 5 different pedals. The thing is a dead ringer (Size and shape) for a Boss pedal and is built like a tank. 25+ years of use and it still works like a champ. I used it to record my "Another Brick in the Wall" cover that's in te "Member Clips" section.

Okay, so your can see my selection of rattle cans here and here.

I swear i do not use them for nefarious purposes. Honest!

Anyway, I do have two "textured" ones that give it a mottled stone-like appearance. I like those, but they're kinda drab. So some creative suggestions would be nice. :)

DSCN4630.jpg

The case, dissassembled. The big hole on the small bevel usually houses the battery box. The innards are over on my side table. May as well take a picture of those too...

Edit: Innards.

DSCN4632.jpg

Last edited:
I'd say go with something shiny...pink metallic flake or somethin'.
chorus always makes me think pink, no idea why...:confused:

I'd say go with something shiny...pink metallic flake or somethin'.
chorus always makes me think pink, no idea why...:confused:
I shall dub it "Peekhours" and paint it pink, just for you. Unfortunately i cannot do powder coating (which is what would be required) but i do have a nice shell pink that i can use. :)

YAY!:grin:

you could even paste a li'l pic of me on there, and pretend you're stepping on my face every time you use it.
:wink:

I need to start getting more sleep, I think:embarrassed:

YAY!:grin:

you could even paste a li'l pic of me on there, and pretend you're stepping on my face every time you use it.
:wink:

I need to start getting more sleep, I think:embarrassed:
If you supply a picture i'll be more than happy to do that. :embarrassed:

Update: they did not have a hideous enough pink, so i got day-glo orange instead. :embarrassed:

Starcaster by Fender brand. this thing kicks major ass. My friend gave it to me, and it retails at a dirt cheap price. It sounds amazing, true bypass*, and it brings teh rock, what more can a girl ask for? The only thing i don't like about it is the paint job (think booger green) but that's an easy fix with a generous application of metal brush and spray paint. The price is right on this one, though. Didn't pay a cent for it, and it's pretty damn good.

*as far as i can tell

Sweet!

You're welcome.

:thu:

I looked those things up, you can one for 10 bucks shipped.

I'm not a big chorus guy, I have one (an Arion SCHZ) but it doesn't really sound like a typical 80s cheese whiz chorus. It does do a pretty cool Leslie thing so I pretty much only use it for that when I need that sound but not so much anymore because there is a really good Leslie plug in in my Pro Tools rig.

Maybe I should give the Arion to Kelly? :cheese:

Nice paint job. A guy I know rehoused one of his old chorus pedals 'cause the thing took up too much real estate. He took the case to the mall and asked an airbrush artist to put some metalflake waves on it. The artist said, if you give me 4 days and pay me 50 bucks, I'll do something that will knock you outta the water. Did he ever. He painted on a small beach scene.

Back