I officially wash my hands of the Penguins until they deal with Cooke

Chihlidog

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I cant cheer for a guy like that, or a team that keeps him on. He has always pissed me off, and yesterday just infuriated me. I was hoping he WOULDNT get the game misconduct, just so he could stay on the ice to get the shit kicked out of him.

Rumor has it (from a good source) that his teammates are pissed at him, too. I certainly hope so. But until the Penguins announce that he is traded, sent back to the minors, or that he will simply remain an indefinite scratch, I no longer consider myself a fan or a supporter.

18870_0745_1_lg.jpg

...Ive never liked Cooke...I'd like to see him expelled from the league...and thats from just taking into account everything hes done before sunday...you'd think they would do something, what with Mario being a big supporter of "safe" hockey...

...Ive never liked Cooke...I'd like to see him expelled from the league...and thats from just taking into account everything hes done before sunday...you'd think they would do something, what with Mario being a big supporter of "safe" hockey...

It's not just the issue of safety, it's also about respect. He didnt hit the guy that hard yesterday, but what an asshole thing to do. And for no reason whatsoever. NONE. It was a tie game, it hadnt been a nasty game, I just dont get it. There was NO reason for him to do it other than JUST to be an asshole. He succeeded. Max is good at pissing the other team off WITHOUT dirty hits and elbows to the head. Cooke could be a decent hockey player if he just stopped with the cheap shots. As it is, hes a liability on many levels.

How bad is it when night after night, you watch a guy on your own team take runs at people, expect and are HAPPY about people knocking him around for it. Ive always felt like he needed some major ass whooping but just sorta said "well Im glad we arent playing against him". I am disgusted to the point, now, though, that I will not cheer for any team that employs him, my beloved Penguins included.

It's not just the issue of safety, it's also about respect. He didnt hit the guy that hard yesterday, but what an asshole thing to do. And for no reason whatsoever. NONE. It was a tie game, it hadnt been a nasty game, I just dont get it. There was NO reason for him to do it other than JUST to be an asshole. He succeeded. Max is good at pissing the other team off WITHOUT dirty hits and elbows to the head. Cooke could be a decent hockey player if he just stopped with the cheap shots. As it is, hes a liability on many levels.

How bad is it when night after night, you watch a guy on your own team take runs at people, expect and are HAPPY about people knocking him around for it. Ive always felt like he needed some major ass whooping but just sorta said "well Im glad we arent playing against him". I am disgusted to the point, now, though, that I will not cheer for any team that employs him, my beloved Penguins included.

...Ive said that about Cooke for years...no respect for anyone...I feel the same way about PK Subban...but hes not a dirty player...not yet anyway...

...FWIW, I think Cooke deserves to be barred from the league...as a non -flyers fan, I would say 10 games...I wouldnt be surprised if they gave him 5 though...

...FWIW, I think Cooke deserves to be barred from the league...as a non -flyers fan, I would say 10 games...I wouldnt be surprised if they gave him 5 though...

I'll be surprised if they give him any less than 10. He's the poster boy for dirty play and the league watches him closely. I, too, hope they bar him from playing in the NHL. How sad is that.

Dave Molinari, who blogs the Penguins for the local paper, says that even though none of the guys are saying it officially, he has totally lost the support of his teammates.

Dave Molinari, who blogs the Penguins for the local paper, says that even though none of the guys are saying it officially, he has totally lost the support of his teammates.

...cooke has the support of his teammates?...

I just watched the video. The perfect definition of a cheap shot. There is no way to say he didn't mean to elbow him in the head.

I found it reassuring that the home team's crowd didn't seem at all upset about the game misconduct call.

I just watched the video. The perfect definition of a cheap shot. There is no way to say he didn't mean to elbow him in the head.

I found it reassuring that the home team's crowd didn't seem at all upset about the game misconduct call.

I think the fans, his team, and the NHL is done with him. No fan I know is defending him at this point. Most are as upset as I am.

If it had been against the flyers, I would say he should get a raise and a parade, but against anyone else, that's just a cheap shot that needs to be dealt with via suspension and release from the Penguins.

The ironic thing of it is that the Penguins were SCREAMING about hits to the head after Crosby went down.

Shame, really.

As for everyone hating the Flyers, I think out dirtiest player right now (we've had some goons over the years, for sure) is probably Briere.
He's a nasty little dude.

Everyone always says Pronger is a "prime offender", but I kind of don't see it. He's had his share of dirty hits, but he's really toned it down over the last couple of seasons....

Hey, I'm a Flyers fan!

Yeah, Cooke did a bad, bad thing.

I say 10 games out to suffice.

Doesnt begin to cut it. He knew better. He didnt do it out of frustration, or desparation, or out of revenge. He did it because he is a classless dickhead. Hes been told time and time again to knock the shit off. Most people here, including myself, want him gone period. Preferably to the Western conference, where he isnt as much of a threat to our top guys. I think for the League's part, theyre gonna destroy him for this, I think hes gonna get more than a 10 game suspension.

Back