Weekend Wrapup

Friday - Not much at all....(edit)...doh...forgot - #1 daughter broke a tooth at school and we had to go to the dentist to get it looked at. Luckily it was still a baby tooth so not a big issue.

Saturday - We had an early wedding (9:30 AM) to go to. I had to cook wings for the reception so I was up early to do that. After the reception we took a quick nap, then I went out to a trail close to my work (Highline Canal) and did my long run for the week (8 miles). That is the longest run I have done in my life. I did not feel very good at any point during the run, but the last half was bad - but I finished the full 8 miles in under 10 minutes a mile. I wa a bit sore in the evening, but we went out and had a huge NY style cheese pizza for dinner.

Sunday - Up early and dropped off our #2 son with his ride back up to college in Wyoming. Then we went to church and then hung out with some friends. I made some spice/fried pork chops and baked tomatoes for dinner.

Last edited:
Friday - Worked/chilled
Saturday - gym/chilled
Sunday - gym/finished a book/started screwing with ruby/watched the fighter/chilled

friday - came home late, ate wings, drank beer, watched baseball

saturday - taught, drilled out the tuners on my dano bass so it could be strung with the flatwounds i bought, studied calculus

sunday - studied calculus, watched the RNRHOF and was disappointed when they didn't show Neil Young play with Tom Waits.

Friday - Packed like a motherfucker.
Saturday - Packed like a motherfucker, played Chrono Trigger on DS! :love:
Sunday - Got some annoying news... house closing might be on Tuesday instead of tomorrow due to a paperwork fuck up. Got the family lawyer and my real estate agent working on it and we're hopeful we can still get the closing in. Went to Home Depot and got some paint, paint supplies, and other essentials. After that was band practice and I actually was able to play guitar! :love: The bad news is that my fingers were totally shredded after so much time of barely playing... I've only been doing light acoustic work and three hours of playing metal and doing a lot of oblique bends was just dumb. :facepalm: Not only are my fingers sore, but I'm sure I'll pay the price joint-wise in the morning. :facepalm::(

watched the RNRHOF and was disappointed when they didn't show Neil Young play with Tom Waits.

1000336-02-00-00-00_lg.png

:(

F- got drunk with drummergirl for the first time in awhile watching hoops
Sat- recovered watching hoops
Sun- Church and then grocery shopping then watched some more hoops.

Kerouac;375321 Got some annoying news... house closing might be on Tuesday instead of tomorrow due to a paperwork fuck up.[/QUOTE said:
it;s a drag but it's only a day..congrats!

Friday, worked a little at my dad's house, watched Get Low.
Saturday, worked at my house like crazy, cleaned out the garage, went to bed early.
Sunday, worked at my house for a little while, drained, cleaned, and refilled the hot tub, went for a bike ride, went to the Wheeling Nailers hockey game where Nancy sang the National Anthem. Ate at Olive Garden (only cause we had a gift card), came home, sat in the hot tub, then hit the sack.

Friday night: movie on the couch

Saturday: Full correction on the finish of my Wife's car. The finish was pretty hammered with tons of scratches and swirls from automatic car washes. Wash, clay, wash, swirl/scratch removal, polish & wax. Lots of work but the results are simply incredible. Grabbed some take out from a great homestyle Mex restaurant up the street.

Sunday: Errands, cleaned the house then we had some people over; grilled wings and made some margaritas to celebrate the arrival of spring.

Friday - headed to Sea Best Field to catch the Jax Sharks win their home opener. Who cares if the NFL ever settles their dispute, I got the AFL baby.

Saturday - Spent about 3 hours at my kids' school for their spring carnival. Nothing like spending most of the afternoon watching a ton of elementary school kids go nuts. The good thing was one of my friends was there with his daughter, so we hung out. They had a DJ there and he played the Violent Femmes "Blister in the Sun." I got a chuckle from that, I know there are no bad words in the song, but is that song really appropriate for elementary school kids? I may have been offended if I didn't love that band and if my kids hadn't already heard that song 100 times.

Sunday - I went and got haircut and did some grocery shopping, then went out and played some wiffle ball with the kids, then threw the football around with them.

Sunday -

Friday - cant remember. Must not have been that interesting. Hung around pretty much.

Saturday - Worked on the Jeep trying to track down a misfire. I pulled the throttle body, cleaned it out really good, pulled the coil pack and all the plugs, checked the gap, checked all my electrical connections, etc. Im not sure what was going on but something seems to have fixed it.

After that I ate, watched a little bit of TV, then smoked some Winstons and practiced my guitar. Hung out on here really late.

Sunday - laid around the house pretty much. Watched the Penguins game which I will be posting a thread about shortly.

My wife took Friday off so we took my daughter and some of her friends to Peanut Island. It is just a little island in the intracoastal water way around here. Typical boating crowd hangout and can get a bit crowded and full of drunks on the weekend but it was fantastic on Friday. Lots of families and an absolutely beautiful day. We dont have a boat but they have water taxis running all day.

Saturday night we went to a party. It was the first time we had been invited to one with this bunch. It is a pretty exlusive crowd so to speak. We had always wondered what happened at these things. Turns out, it's about the same as our parties but with higher end hooch. All top shelf booze.

Sunday we mostly hung out around the house and made some salmon and pineapple scewers and churrasco with chimichurri sauce for dinner. It was sis-in-laws birthday.

Friday - Prages and I had a date night, we went to see Limitless - at the 5pm showing, stopped on the way home for Wendy's take-out and went to sleep. (We are a very exciting couple)

Saturday - Got up and harnessed up the girls and took them out to Kanawha State Forest for an all day hike. We spent about 5 hours just hiking some old trails that we hadn't been on in a long time. It was a great day.

Sunday - Not much, watched a movie, did some grocery shopping, and made stuffed shells for this weeks lunches.

We lead very exciting lives.

Friday - headed to Sea Best Field to catch the Jax Sharks win their home opener. Who cares if the NFL ever settles their dispute, I got the AFL baby.

Saturday - Spent about 3 hours at my kids' school for their spring carnival. Nothing like spending most of the afternoon watching a ton of elementary school kids go nuts. The good thing was one of my friends was there with his daughter, so we hung out. They had a DJ there and he played the Violent Femmes "Blister in the Sun." I got a chuckle from that, I know there are no bad words in the song, but is that song really appropriate for elementary school kids? I may have been offended if I didn't love that band and if my kids hadn't already heard that song 100 times.

Sunday - I went and got haircut and did some grocery shopping, then went out and played some wiffle ball with the kids, then threw the football around with them.

Sunday -

So what did you do on Sunday #2? :embarrassed:

Back