YIPPIE YAHOO KAI YAY

It is a GREAT feeling - especially since my current role pays so well......NOT!

Perhaps I can now quit one of my 5 jobs.

Awesome! :thu:

Now you need to keep making the car payments into the my-car-is-old-and-needs-repairs fund...

"Yippe.... Kay-aye..... muuther... fuuucker....."

73026.gif

I'll be right there with you in a few months.... I cannot wait. Did you pay a larger amount for the last couple just to pay it off sooner? That's what I'm doing. :embarrassed:

I'll be right there with you in a few months.... I cannot wait. Did you pay a larger amount for the last couple just to pay it off sooner? That's what I'm doing. :embarrassed:

No - Not at all.

It was a pretty hefty payment - I took out a 60 month and 60 months ago I was working a great paying job and additionally getting a bunch of mileage that I was able to get back expensed through my company. Technically my mileage reimbersments paid for a good portion of it. I'd drive up to Boston and back and/or Pittsburg and back at least once a month and that would cover a large chunk of the payment - plus the other road trips I did. I worked from home too so I wasn't spending a lot on gas.

Then - That company was bought by a competitor and out of 15 sales reps (US) I made it to number 3 before the new company let me go. Then I took this office job a year ago where I'm commuting 49 miles each way and not taking nearly a fraction of the road trips using the expense reimbursments. With the new (current) job it's been reeal tight with the monthly expenses. Not having the car payment will help HUGE.

Yep, we paid our car off on March 1. It's the first time since we've been married that we don't have a single car payment. We're crossing our fingers that the car and the truck will hold together for a few more years so we can save up enough to pay cash for our next vehicle.

Hopefully it goes better for you than it has for me. It seems like every time I pay off a car, it brakes down and ends up costing a fortune to keep it going. I was lucky enough one time to go 2 years with no car payment or repairs. That was an awesome 2 years.

HOLY SHIT!!!

This thread got me wondering when my next car payment was due.... I went online and it wouldn't let me in.

I call them to find out whats up...

"Your account has been paid in full and we're mailing your title out to you." :messedup: I thought I had one or two more to go....

AWESOME!!! DANCING-banana

HOLY SHIT!!!

This thread got me wondering when my next car payment was due.... I went online and it wouldn't let me in.

I call them to find out whats up...

"Your account has been paid in full and we're mailing your title out to you." :messedup: I thought I had one or two more to go....

AWESOME!!! DANCING-banana

As a local politician I'll take credit for this - even though I had nothing to do with it.

Congrats dude!

I was car payment free for almost two years and then Mrs. Saint wanted a new vehicle - sigh......another 59 more months. :cry:

Congrats dude!

I was car payment free for almost two years and then Mrs. Saint wanted a new vehicle - sigh......another 59 more months. :cry:

As of this moment.... all 5 of my vehicles are paid for....

... which means that one of my Daughter's cars is going to puke it's headgasket onto the freeway, or a street cleaner will go bezerk and run it over in the parking lot, or something else along those lines. (trembles with fear) :facepalm:

I've never had a car payment.

never had a car...or a license to drive one.

that'll change soon, once I get my glasses.

congrats, though, to all you car payment-free folks.:)

:lol:

until I bought this house, everything was always within walking distance.
never had need of a car.
I figured I'd rather spend that $$ on other stuff that I didn't need.:wink:

Back