Hot or Not

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Fano_SP6_Mah_FF.JPG

Fano Alt De Facto SP6

The familiar design of the Fano Alt De Facto SP6 hearkens back to a blend of two of the first electric guitar manufacturers. Starting with an LP Jr style body, the Fano Alt De Facto SP6 features a Tele style bridge with compensated brass saddles and a custom wound Lindy Fralin T-Style bridge pickup. The neck pickup is a custom wound Fralin P-90 and the electronics package is similar to a Tele with the addition of a ToneStyler passive tone circuit. This 16 position rotary switch lets the player change the resonant peak and treble roll-off in 1/3 octave increments for total tonal control. The Fano Alt De Facto SP6 also features a late 50’s round back neck shape as well as a 10”-16” compound radius fretboard for worry free bending and superior sustain. The Tele style bridge/pickup combination yields a twangy tone without being too bright or fizzy while the neck P-90 is warm and full of vintage tone and grit. The Fano Alt De Facto SP6 is a beautiful blend of two American classics with exceptional build quality and attention to detail. From rock to country to blues, the Fano Alt De Facto SP6 has got what it takes to cover them all.
Fano Alt De Facto SP6 Features:

• 6.0 lbs.
  • Distressed Ultra Thin Nitrocellulose Lacquer
  • Mahogany Body
  • Mahogany Neck
  • 10”-16” Compound Radius Rosewood Fretboard
  • 24 2/3” Scale
  • 6105 Fretwire
  • Fano Exclusive T-Style Bridge
  • Compensated Brass Saddles
  • Custom Wound Lindy Fralin T Bridge Pickup
  • Custom Wound Lindy Fralin P-90 Neck Pickup
  • ToneStyler Passive Tone Circuit
  • T-Style Control Plate
  • Distressed Hardware
  • Includes Hard Shell Case

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of a LPjuniorcaster thing going on. As much as I usually hate mash ups, this one actually looks pretty nice. I'm going with HOT.

If I had the money I'd be ordering the parts for a Warmoth version this morning. I think it's rad. :embarrassed:

they're hot, i just can't get with the relicing.

me either. If I picked it up in a store and it felt rad I'd buy it anyway though.

I think I could make myself something comparable for half the price that would make me happy enough, though. The only thing it wouldn't have would be whatever that switching system is.

me either. If I picked it up in a store and it felt rad I'd buy it anyway though.

I think I could make myself something comparable for half the price that would make me happy enough, though. The only thing it wouldn't have would be whatever that switching system is.

switching is normal. the tonestyler you can buy aftermarket.

Oh! It almost hurts a little, seeing a flat mahogany Les Paul shape, coffee table looking, and I liked Les Paul Juniors and Melody Makers,
with a bad color combination of Fender parts.
I know, just because I was the first person in my world to get lefty and P.A.F. with a Fender Stratocaster,
before the rest of the world caught on, and that became the most popular body and wiring design,
doesn't mean less original builders can't mash up parts from the past.

But this guitar does look built to accomodate floor pedals with flex tubing that links to the bridge for steel guitar bending effects,
or for swatting back beer bottles at Fender or Gibson corporate audiences.

Oh! It almost hurts a little, seeing a flat mahogany Les Paul shape, coffee table looking, and I liked Les Paul Juniors and Melody Makers,
with a bad color combination of Fender parts.
I know, just because I was the first person in my world to get lefty and P.A.F. with a Fender Stratocaster,
before the rest of the world caught on, and that became the most popular body and wiring design,
doesn't mean less original builders can't mash up parts from the past.

But this guitar does look built to accomodate floor pedals with flex tubing that links to the bridge for steel guitar bending effects,
or for swatting back beer bottles at Fender or Gibson corporate audiences.

exactly how many people are in your world besides you and Jimi?

Back