The lessons are active and the site now has a front-end for the school!

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
The "School Page" or whatever we want to call it is now active: http://markweinguitarlessons.com/

You can get information on how everything works, module descriptions, payment, instructor bios and whatnot there. I might also add some general student resources, too. I'm still working on the template so it looks a little plain right now but I think it has all of the info you need...

The first three modules are available: http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/payments.php - have at it!

I'm hoping to have Foundations Module 2 and two more from Tom done in about 2 weeks from this post and some voice, Bass and Drum stuff in April!

I'm a little bummed that the front end doesn't have the template I bought but hopefully that will be fixed shortly.

I'm hoping that the concept makes sense to someone who is just coming upon the site for the first time. I tried to make everything as easy to understand and as accessible as possible. Now we need to crank out a ton of content...

Mark-

I'm not sure where I should start. I'm thinking module #2 but I'm not sure. Any recommendations?

My only thing about folks wanting to start on the second module is that they are missing stuff on time and rhythm that I spend a ton of time working on. Most folks will look at it and go "I can play open chords and I can strum already so I don't need it" but I lay the information out in an order to set you up for the second module and also to really define how your physical strumming technique should relate to how time flows.

If you've worked through that stuff in the book or in the other video lessons on the site and feel comfortable moving on then thats one thing but I'm really trying to lay out a program in order...I get the feeling that folks are going to read the module descriptions and just start on the 2nd or 3rd modules and then find themselves either frustrated or going back to the beginning anyway.....

This is from a conversation we're having in one of Tom's lesson modules right now with a few guys on this very subject:

I hope Tom doesn't mind me butting in here but I know my own biggest issue with learning new concepts is looking at the new material, understanding it on a basic level and then not drilling the concept in a practical and more complete sense. My own suggestion is (just like Tom mentions in the videos) is to make sure you can play the ideas in any key...maybe try using them over backing tracks or recordings in multiple keys or something like that until you have them from muscle memory. THEN move on...

One of the things that we get from having a zillion lessons available on YouTube or the 4 at a time in here is that unlike a private lesson where the instructor can control the flow of information to make sure you are ready to move on we can drink and drink and drink new information from the trough without giving ourselves adequate time to digest any of it (insert poo joke here :tongue:).

As far as module 2 goes, I just laid it out yesterday and hope to have the content done by next Friday and maybe have it available the following week....turns out this one is 14 lessons long and at least 10 of them are going to have some sort of recording or backing track so I've got a ton of work this week :)

Congrat's on the venture. :thu: Suggestion, unless I missed them: Put up a 30 second or so free teaser of each that people can see before they buy. (Like you need more things to do . . . . )

Congrat's on the venture. :thu: Suggestion, unless I missed them: Put up a 30 second or so free teaser of each that people can see before they buy. (Like you need more things to do . . . . )

Thanks!

We're actually planning on shooting small "commercials" for each module to put on YouTube that will also be available here. I was hoping to do it this week but between gigs and taxes that got thrown out the window...hopefully next Friday.

Good point I didn't realize they were all in a single program.

Yeah... I'm just working through the book in a slightly different order... The first two modules are everything but the note reading and the third module will be the note reading expanded quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were should I post the video clips? I am assuming I send the quizzes to the forum email address?

Were should I post the video clips? I am assuming I send the quizzes to the forum email address?

If you want to put them in the forum for the lesson module thats cool...if not PM me an address for the video.

I'm thinking that I might make a new email for the homework submissions....the forum one is fine for right now though....

I don't think I can post in the forum.

the threads for each lesson module are closed but you should be able to post in the Module 1 forum using the "Post New Thread" button above the stickies: http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?68-Foundations-for-Guitar-Module-1

Screen shot 2011-03-05 at 8.39.07 AM.jpg

If that doesn't work let me know..that means I've set something wrong for you guys...

Back