HNGNBD for Home Built Saint Tele

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
Hot New Guitar Neck Buy Day

After years of not playing this guitar very much, I finally broke down and purchased a new neck for my Home Assembled Tele. Discussion over the past months with Mark and Prages and the rest of Weinerdom convinced me to buy a Warmoth neck. My delay was just in understanding the charactoristics that I was looking for. The added bonus was that I got to play Mark's strat which has a Warmoth neck on it - very smooth :thu:

Here is the Tele in its present state. The body is a WD Tele I bought in the mid 90's with an Allparts Strat neck. Pickups are SD lil '59 bridge and a Danelectro Lipstick. Originally I was going to put an SD Jazz in there which I still am going to do when I start to change the neck out.

HMTele.jpg

Here is the neck that I just ordered from Warmoth from their showcase of necks available. I just dig the flame design of the wood.

vmt2875a.jpg

vmt2875b.jpg

Neck specs

Headstock Telecaster®
Construction Vintage Modern
Orientation Right Handed
Shaft Wood Maple
Fingerboard Wood Indian Rosewood
Nut Width 1 11/16"
Back Contour Standard thin
Fretwire 6150
Tuner ream Gotoh/Grover (13/32", 11/32")
Fret Number 22
Radius 10-16" Compound
Inlays Cream Face Dots
Nut Install GraphTech White TUSQ
Neck Finish Vintage Tint Gloss
Scale 25-1/2 in.

Last edited:
GORGEOUS flame and finish!!! That's about exactly the specs for the neck for the necks on my Mason Teles. You got a looker there, Saint :thu:

Sweet. I love the Wolfgang contour and 1 11/16" nut widths on both of my Warmoths. They are the only ones I've ever played to my knowledge though.

Thanks guys! I also ordered the tuners for the new neck and a new pickguard as well. Tomorrow I will be ordering a few things from Stewmac to rout the body for the SD Jazz Humbucker. Dang so many projects - Oy Veh.....

Thanks guys! I also ordered the tuners for the new neck and a new pickguard as well. Tomorrow I will be ordering a few things from Stewmac to rout the body for the SD Jazz Humbucker. Dang so many projects - Oy Veh.....

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

forget the humbucker. 4 way switch. seriously. it's so much better than a neck humbucker.

I couldn't possibly agree more.
Howie's right :eek:

the problem is the pot values. the bridge pup will get ice picky with 500k pots, and the neck humbucker will sound like mud with 250k pots. i've already been through this. the 4 way switch adds an "in-series" option that combines the pickups to produce a virtual humbucker. it rips, and you still get all 3 traditional tele tones.

Excellent. Looks like a quality hunk of wood. I've always been really impressed with the warmoth necks I have bought.

the problem is the pot values. the bridge pup will get ice picky with 500k pots, and the neck humbucker will sound like mud with 250k pots. i've already been through this. the 4 way switch adds an "in-series" option that combines the pickups to produce a virtual humbucker. it rips, and you still get all 3 traditional tele tones.

Actually this guitar will have both humbuckers. An SD Jazz in the Neck and a lil '59 in the bridge. If you look at the picture of the original guitar, you will see the lil '59 already there. I also have a coil splitter in between the volume and tone controls already.

As for single coils, my G&L ASAT Classic has single coils and I am planning a future tele build to have a bigsby and with either single coils or P-90's.

Back